We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

No subject

Hi I'm creating a master detail form using the Essential grid for displaying the Details part. My requirement is to show the data relative to the data in the master part. How do i change the data in the grid whenever the data in the master part changes. Also it is possible to bind the text box control to a field in the data set, can the same be achieved for a column in the grid? Regards Ashish

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 13, 2003 07:09 AM UTC

Attached is a sample that shows 3 grids used in a master-detail-subdetail manner. You can still bind a textbox to a field in a datatable, and if that datatable is also bound to a griddataboundgrid, then the textbox will be bound to the grid column as well. This is true as long as the two controls have the same binding context. This will happen naturally if both the textbox and grid are on the form. But if the grid is in a panel, or groupbox or some other container, then you have to set the grid's BindingContext member equal to the form's BindingContext member. this.gridDataBoundGrid.BindingContext = this.BindingContext; //set the grid's BC to the form's BC

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon