We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Simulating a Tree Control

I am trying to simulate the tree control like the one that is used in VS2005 in the solution explorer. That is, I want to have vertical and horizontoal lines drawn when I expand a branch of a nested hierarchy. I need to this to be a web control so I was planning to use either GridWebControl or GridGroupingControl. I think I can get everything looking right except I see no way to get the lines. Can this be done with any SyncFusion Controls? Thanks Steven

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2006 08:48 PM UTC

Hi Stevendm, Are you looking for something similar as mentioned in this forum?. Please have a look at the attached sample in the above mentioned forum Thanks, A.Sivakumar

SD Steven Domingue May 19, 2006 01:53 PM UTC

Not really, but that is helpful information too. If you look at the attached file I want to be able to draw the lines pointed to by the arrow. It looks like the grouping grid gives me most of the capabilities, but I need those lines. Steven >Hi Stevendm, > >Are you looking for something similar as mentioned in this forum?. >Please have a look at the attached sample in the above mentioned forum > >Thanks, >A.Sivakumar

TreeLinesInGrid.zip

SD Steven Domingue May 19, 2006 08:35 PM UTC

I think I found what I need. There are comments in the GridTableIndentCellRenderer that indicates that it will draw the tree-lines like I need. Can you provide me with an exmple of using this renderer? Having an example would save me a lot of time. Thanks Steven >Not really, but that is helpful information too. If you look at the attached file I want to be able to draw the lines pointed to by the arrow. It looks like the grouping grid gives me most of the capabilities, but I need those lines. > >Steven > >>Hi Stevendm, >> >>Are you looking for something similar as mentioned in this forum?. >>Please have a look at the attached sample in the above mentioned forum >> >>Thanks, >>A.Sivakumar

TreeLinesInGrid.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 03:09 PM UTC

Steven, GridTableIndentCellRenderer is not supported in ASP.Net grid. I think what you need is our upcoming TreeView control in our 4.2 version in Tools.Web. The Release Candidate version of this control is already available for download. You can get the eval version of it at: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/evaluation.aspx Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon