We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RepeaterUserControl child controls not displayed (sometimes)

Hi, I am experiencing a problem with a control that I have created based on the RepeaterUserControl in the Syncfusion samples. I am wondering if anybody else has experience a similar problem. Sometimes, when the application user clicks on a cell in the grid, and that cell becomes active cell, some of the UI controls in the cell become non-visible. For example, I have a (Windows Forms) TextBox control that is a child of a (Windows Forms) panel control that is a control of the CellUserControl that I have created. When the user clicks on a cell, this text box becomes non-visible and the user cannot enter values into it. I have seen the same thing with a (Windows Forms) DateTimePicker control also. This problem only occurs intermittently - on average, once a day for my users. But when it starts happening, it will not stop happening until the user restarts the application. Has anyone else seen this? Anybody got any why it might be happening? Cheers, Stephen New.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 12, 2006 04:39 AM UTC

Hi Stephen , I could see this issue. It happened to me when I opened it for the 4th time. It seems that the form''s components didn''t get disposed properly. You can call the grids Dispose method explicitly in the Form''s Dispose method.Here is a code snippet. protected override void Dispose( bool disposing ) { if( disposing ) { if (components != null) { components.Dispose(); this.gridRepeaterUserControl1.Grid.Dispose(); this.gridRepeaterUserControl1.Dispose(); } } base.Dispose( disposing ); } Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/RepeaterUserContol_5e3266d9.zip Could you please run this at your end and let me know how it goes? Best Regards, Haneef

SN Stephen New May 14, 2006 11:57 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply, Haneef. I tried your running your example and I can see that it works. If I comment-out the lines that you describe (in the Dispose() method), I can see that the grid''s cells are not painted properly. When I uncomment the lines again, the cells are painted properly. I am the same sort of change to my application. I cannot tell, yet, whether or not it is successful. The problem only appears intermittently, so it will take some time to determine whether or not this change has had the desired effect. Thanks for your time, Stephen.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2006 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, Thanks for the update.I will wait to hear from you. Best Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon