We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem with PrimaryKeySortedRecords

Hello…. I have added an unbound checkbox column to the main table and also to the child table in a gridgrouping control. Public Sub unboundField_QueryValue(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As FieldValueEventArgs) Dim RecordIndex As Integer = Me.GridGroupingControl1.Table.PrimaryKeySortedRecords.IndexOf(e.Record) The checkbox column works fine for the main table .However,For the child table, I am not able to do the same. Public Sub unboundField_QueryValue1(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As FieldValueEventArgs) Dim RecordIndexchild As Integer = Me.GridGroupingControl1.Table.RelatedTables(0).PrimaryKeySortedRecords.IndexOf(e.Record) when i check the code i realied that there are no values returned for PrimaryKeySortedRecords? is there a problem with relations? Please inform asap Thanx

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 9, 2006 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Cheryl, Could you try this code to find the index of the record.Here is a code snippet. Dim RecordIndexchild As Integer = e.Record.ParentTable.PrimaryKeySortedRecords.IndexOf(e.Record) Please let me know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

CH cheryl May 9, 2006 10:14 AM UTC

Hello Hansel thanx for the quick response...... bur the problem is the same recordindexchild returns -1 .... according to me , primarykeysortedrecords is null when i try '' MsgBox(Me.GridGroupingControl1.Table.RelatedTables("ParentToChild").PrimaryKeySortedRecords.Count) >Hi Cheryl, > >Could you try this code to find the index of the record.Here is a code snippet. > >Dim RecordIndexchild As Integer = e.Record.ParentTable.PrimaryKeySortedRecords.IndexOf(e.Record) > >Please let me know if this helps. >Best Regards, >Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 9, 2006 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Cheryl, I have tested this issue by creating a sample using GridGroupingcontrol in v.3.3 and then again tested by upgrading to 4.1. I was not able to reproduce the issue.If you can provide more information, we can try to suggest some solution. Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/UnboundCheckboxGridGroup_ee290e7a.zip Could you please run this at your end and let me know how it goes? Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Haneef Notes: Before run the attached sample, you need to change the connection string.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon