We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RowEvent

Hi, How to insert a new row during runtime?. I am using Virtual Grid control not databoundgrid control. And also let me know which event will be fired if i move on to next row.(Grid control). Requirement is I have to update the DB with the changed data whenever I move from one row to next row ( if any changes been done). Is this the right way to do...let me suggest the best way to update the grid to DB. note: I am using Virtual Grid control Thanks & regards Ravi

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2006 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Ravi, Attached is a sample that demonstrates how to add new row with a help of the BindingManagerBase. Since GridControl is cell based there is no direct event that get triggers when a row entered or leave. But this behavior can be achieved by handling the CurrentCellMoving event and there by checking the old row index and the new row index. The SaveCellInfo event can be handled to save the value from the grid to the database. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards, Calvin.

GridPopulationSample_2003.zip

RA Ravichandran May 4, 2006 12:27 PM UTC

Thanks Calvin, It seems to be okay but is this the right approach to commit the changes when move on to next row? Regards, Ravi >Hi Ravi, > >Attached is a sample that demonstrates how to add new row with a help of the BindingManagerBase. Since GridControl is cell based there is no direct event that get triggers when a row entered or leave. But this behavior can be achieved by handling the CurrentCellMoving event and there by checking the old row index and the new row index. The SaveCellInfo event can be handled to save the value from the grid to the database. > >Let us know if you need any further assistance. > >Regards, >Calvin. >

GridPopulationSample_2003.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2006 01:33 PM UTC

Hi Ravi, If it is must the data base should be updated every time on a row leave then its fine, else the gridControl1.Validated event can be handled and there the data base can be updated. Regards, Calvin.

RA Ravichandran May 4, 2006 02:36 PM UTC

Thanks for your timely help. Will get back to you if I need more info. Thanks Ravi >Hi Ravi, > >If it is must the data base should be updated every time on a row leave then its fine, else the gridControl1.Validated event can be handled and there the data base can be updated. > >Regards, >Calvin. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon