We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to programmatically position a dockable window

Hi, I try to position 2 dockable windows and 1 dockingClientPanel like this: dock window on the left, client panel in the middle and dock window on the right. When I add the second dockable window to the form (at runtime) it places itself always next to the left dockable window and not on the right of mine main window. I have set the location, dock and anchor property The dockingClientPanel it's sizeToFit property is set to true. Thanks, Koen

1 Reply

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 12:08 AM UTC

Hi Koen, The Control class properties such as Location, Anchor and Dock have no bearing on controls enabled for docking through the Essential Tools docking windows framework. Looks like you are using the DockingManager.SetEnableDocking(Control, bool) method to set up your layout. SetEnableDocking will always dock the control at the default left border. For specifying dock positions, you will have to use the DockingManager.DockControl(...)/FloatControl(..) set of functions. The Essential Tools 'Docking Package\SimpleCode' sample demonstrates setting up a docking layout programmatically. Looks like you have certain specific needs that entail you to use the programmatic approach. If not, then the easiest way to create and set up your docking layout would be through the docking windows designer. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Up arrow icon