We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Underline performance

With version 4.1.0.50 of the control there appears to be a couple of problems with the performance of underlines in large files (~50000 lines). Firstly I cannot find a simple way to clear all underlines. I''m currently using the following code. // remove all existing wavy lines CoordinatePoint cptStart = edSource.ConvertVirtualPointToCoordinatePoint(1, 1); CoordinatePoint cptEnd = edSource.ConvertVirtualPointToCoordinatePoint(1, edSource.PhysicalLineCount); this.edSource.RemoveUnderline(cptStart, cptEnd); The problem with this appears to be that PhysicalLineCount takes a significant amount of time to return a value. Secondly, adding underlines to a file of this size appears to be very slow - around 0.5s per underline! Am I missing something, or is this really the way the control behaves. David

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 03:21 PM UTC

Hi David, I have tested for this issue using v4.1.0.50 and was not able to see the problem.Please refer to the test sample attached here and let me know if I am missing something.If I have not understood your specifications correctly, could you please modify the sample to show the problem ? Regards, Ebenezer.P

CS22.zip

DL David Loomes May 2, 2006 11:23 AM UTC

Thanks for the help. I''ve added an additional menu item to your original code. It''s at the bottom of the file menu. When you click this, the program adds 30000 lines of text and then underlines the first 10 characters of every 4th line. Adding and displaying the text is impressively quick, but adding the underlines takes forever.

Form15.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 3, 2006 10:40 AM UTC

Hi David, Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I do see this problem here and have notified the development team in this regard. We have logged a bug report Defect# 2016 on this, and will try our very best to address the same at the earliest. You could track the progress of this bug fix at this link below : Defect #2016 - Issue with Underlining text. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon