We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager Question

Hello, I have a number of forms that have properties of various things. I am currently using the docking manager to display them using the code below: this.AddOwnedForm(propertiesForm); propertiesForm.Show(); propertiesFormTopLevel=true; this.dkmMain.SetEnableDocking(propertiesForm,true); this.dkmMain.SetDockLabel(propertiesForm, "Properties"); this.dkmMain.SetDockVisibility(propertiesForm,true); When I add a new form it is displayed to the side of the first form. How can I add it so that it adds a tab at the bottom (or top) of the docking manager? I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. Thanks, Nick

3 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 04:12 AM UTC

Hi Nick, Syncfusion DockingManager has a method called DockControl.You could use this method to dock a control as tabbed to another control. //Code snippet this.AddOwnedForm(propertiesForm); propertiesForm.Show(); propertiesForm.TopLevel=true; dm.DockControl(propertiesForm,panel1,DockingStyle.Tabbed,100); //panel1 is the parent control this.dm.SetDockLabel(propertiesForm,"Properties"); I have prepared a sample to meet your requirement.Please go through that and let me know whether I fulfilled your requirement. Also please refer this knowledge base article for more details. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. Regards, Joy

sample31.zip

NH Nick Howard April 27, 2006 09:19 PM UTC

Hi Joy, Thank you for your help. One other quick question. Is there any way to put the tabs on the left instead of at the bottom? Thanks, Nick >Hi Nick, > >Syncfusion DockingManager has a method called DockControl.You could use this method to dock a control as tabbed to another control. >//Code snippet > >this.AddOwnedForm(propertiesForm); >propertiesForm.Show(); >propertiesForm.TopLevel=true; >dm.DockControl(propertiesForm,panel1,DockingStyle.Tabbed,100); //panel1 is the parent control >this.dm.SetDockLabel(propertiesForm,"Properties"); > >I have prepared a sample to meet your requirement.Please go through that and let me know whether I fulfilled your requirement. > >Also please refer this knowledge base article for more details. > >Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. >Regards, >Joy

sample31.zip

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Nick, DockingManager allows you to arrange the tabs at left side by seting the property DockTabAllignment. Please go through the below code snippet. dockingManager1.DockTabAlignment=DockTabAlignmentStyle.Left; Also refer this knowledge base article for more details Please let me know, if you have any more queries. Regards, Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon