We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Toolbar for all "dockable" controls in the form.

Hi all. I’m new to Syncfuin. I’m using a docking manager to arrange my screen real estate. I would like to have a toolbar of icons (similar to the on in VS 2003) so I can switch the control between docked controls or make them appear (in VS 2003 this toolbar is used to switch between the class view, toolbox, object browser etc.). Does this comes automatically in one of the “out-of-the-box” Syncfusion’s controls ? If not, I know I can iterate between all the “dockable” controls associated with a manager (knowledgelink question 61 in the docking windows section), what else do I need ? Which toolbar, or other control will be the right to use in that scenario ? Thanks Amit

4 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Amit, The Syncfusion docking architecture provides support to achieve all the visual appearences of VisualStudio.Please follow the below steps to get toolbars and tree controls docked together ,same as in VS. 1.Prepare the toolbars and tree controls. 2.Put them in a single panel. 3.Dock that panel.It will give you exact look and style of Visual studio. I have prepared a sample as per your requirement.Please go through that and let me know if you need further assistance. Also please refer our sample VSDemo which is located in samples browser. Run samples browser and navigate to Essential Studio samples->Tools samples->Samples->Featured Samples->VSDemo Thanks for choosing Syncfusion. Regards, Joy

sample32.zip

AW Amit Weisman April 27, 2006 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Joy, Thanks for your reply. I guess I wasn’t clear enough, but your example gives us a common ground to my question. Please refer to the view menu item. In this menu, the user can change the active control from a list (toolbox, class view, object browser etc.). In the VS2003 , this selection is also visible to the user via a toolbar of icons, where each icon represents one available dock panel on the screen. After checking the sample, I understand that the population of the docking panels is done by hand into the view menu item, so I guess the toolbar option does not “come-out-of-the-box”. I guess I need a generic toolbar for these icons? Can they be connected automatically to a menu (so I write/create the menu and get the associated toolbar for free ) ? Anyway, while reading some of the forum threads I was wondering where are the samples mentioned there? Your post helped me find them, and now I’m going to check them closely :-) Thanks. Amit

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Amit, Thanks for your update. You could connect toolbars and menus, if you are using our MainFrameBarManager.Same actions will take place for the menuitem and it''s coresponding toolbar item. If you want to connect docked control''s visibility to menu , you need to write code in the click event handler of coresponding menu item. I have modified the old sample.I added menu and toolbars(connected) to imitate view menu of VisualStudio.Please go through that and let me know whether I understood your requirement correctly. Regards, Joy

modified_sample0.zip

AW Amit Weisman April 28, 2006 05:55 PM UTC

Thanks It wasn''t too hard once I realized there is no automatic way to do it. Thanks again Amit

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon