We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Add Child Rows when Expanding

Hi, I have a GGC with a P-C relationship. I am using two methods to fill the gird with data. 1 method gets all parents and child and the second gets all parent and only gets the children when the Parent is about to be expanded. In the second scenario, since some Parents have no children when the user presses on the + sign I goto our webservice and get child records. I add them to a dataset and add a relation to the Parent table (if it''s not there). This all works but when the above finishes I need to able to show that child. I fire the above code for getting record and adding it to the dataset in the RecordExpanding event of the GGC. I know that the records have been added correctly because when I expand all using GridGroupingControl1.Table.ExpandAllRecords() the row shows up. Is there a refresh or something I need to call inorder to get the child to show up now that it has been added. Regards, Chris Wescott

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2006 07:30 AM UTC

Hi Chris, I have tested this issue by creating a sample using GroupingGrid in v.4.1.0.50 and then again tested by upgrading to 4.1.0.62. I was not able to reproduce the issue. Here is a sample http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Nested_GGC_5a309360.zip Could you please run this at your end and let me know how it goes? Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Haneef

CW Chris Wescott April 21, 2006 01:19 PM UTC

Hi, I solved this problem in my app by doing this and I am not sure why it works. Perhaps you can shed some light on it. Prior to adding rows I call GridGroupingControl1.NestedTableGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = True Then I add rows and when I am done adding rows I call GridGroupingControl1.NestedTableGroupOptions.ShowAddNewRecordBeforeDetails = false This seems to work fine. If I don''t add the above lines, it doesn''t expand. I will try to get it to reproduce in your app. but I am having no luck at this time. Regards, Chris Wescott

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon