We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Eliminate drop shadow on disabled gradient label control

Is there a way to eliminate and/or recolor the drop shadow on a GradientLabel that is disabled? Depending on your color scheme & font selection(s), they can be come very hard to read.

20 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team April 21, 2006 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Ross, I am looking into this and will get back to you with an update soon. Thanks, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2006 01:00 PM UTC

> >Hi Ross, > >I am looking into this and will get back to you with an update soon. > >Thanks, > >Anu. Great!

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Ross, Would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot that reproduces the issue? Thanks for choosing our products. Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 07:05 PM UTC

Take a look; it''s gray text with a white drop shadow. Ultimately, I''d like to have control over both the disabled Forecolor as well as the drop shadow. If it helps, I have visual themes enabled. >Hi Ross, > >Would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot that reproduces the issue? > >Thanks for choosing our products. > >Regards, > >Anu. > > >

disabled label.zip

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team April 25, 2006 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Ross, Could you please send us your Font specifications?It would be appreciable if you can modify the attached sample and send it back to us for furthur investigation. Sample Thanks for your interest in our products. Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 11:06 AM UTC

Here it is. Use a gradient background with "Active Caption" and "InactiveCaption" for the colors, "HighlightText" for the Forecolor, and a bold Verdana text. It''s really rought to read when disabled. Not I haven''t checked other combinations; just the one I plan to use. :) > >Hi Ross, > >Could you please send us your Font specifications?It would be appreciable if you can modify the attached sample and send it back to us for furthur investigation. > > >Sample > >Thanks for your interest in our products. > >Regards, > >Anu. > > >

GradientLabel_Forum_Reply.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 11:07 AM UTC

>Not I haven''t checked other combinations; just >the one I plan to use. :) Should read "NOTE I haven''t checked..."

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Ross, I am able to reproduce the issue with the sample here.We need to do some refreshments in Paint inorder to prevent the Forecolor of a disabled gradient label control from being grayed as you said. I am working on this and will try my best to include the fix for this in the next possible release.Meanwhile I will update you if i can come up with a workaround. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 07:07 PM UTC

> >Hi Ross, > >I am able to reproduce the issue with the sample here.We need to do some refreshments in Paint inorder to prevent the Forecolor of a disabled gradient label control from being grayed as you said. > >I am working on this and will try my best to include the fix for this in the next possible release.Meanwhile I will update you if i can come up with a workaround. > >Thanks for your patience. > >Best Regards, > >Anu. Hey, great. Thanks for your help. It''s not a hugely pressing issue for us, so please spend your time fixing more important bugs instead of developing a workaround.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 05:04 AM UTC

Hi Ross, Thank you for your update. You can track the progress of bug fix through the below given link. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1988 We appreciate your interest in our products. Best Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 07:12 PM UTC

You''re welcome. You appreciate my interest in SyncFusion Products. -ross

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2006 01:20 AM UTC

> >Hi Ross, > >Thank you for your update. > >You can track the progress of bug fix through the below given link. > > >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1988 > >We appreciate your interest in our products. > >Best Regards, > >Anu. > > Any chance this will make it into the next release? I don''t need a workaround, but would like to know if a fix is forthcoming. Thank me for my interest in your products.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team May 24, 2006 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Ross, We have not fixed this issue yet.As we are almost done with our upcoming release 4.2,I cannot promise you that the fix will be included with this version.However,we will try our very best to include this fix also. Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 30, 2006 01:25 PM UTC

Any update on this?

>
>Hi Ross,
>
>We have not fixed this issue yet.As we are almost done with our upcoming release 4.2,I cannot promise you that the fix will be included with this version.However,we will try our very best to include this fix also.
>
>Regards,
>
>Anu.
>
>

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team August 31, 2006 06:01 AM UTC

Hi Ross,

We have investigated this issue and this looks like the standard appearance in .Net Framework. GradientLabel is derived from System.Windows.Forms.Label,
and in design-time Label.Enabled property is set always to true. User could change it, but in design time it will have no effect.

By adding ControlStyles.UserPaint to true and by handling OnPaint there could be an option to highlight the disabled Text which can be added as a new support.However,I need to check with developer whether it is safe to code in such a way as we have other brushes used for Gradient and Pattern behaviour.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,

Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2006 09:06 PM UTC

Any update on this?

>
Hi Ross,

We have investigated this issue and this looks like the standard appearance in .Net Framework. GradientLabel is derived from System.Windows.Forms.Label,
and in design-time Label.Enabled property is set always to true. User could change it, but in design time it will have no effect.

By adding ControlStyles.UserPaint to true and by handling OnPaint there could be an option to highlight the disabled Text which can be added as a new support.However,I need to check with developer whether it is safe to code in such a way as we have other brushes used for Gradient and Pattern behaviour.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,

Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 22, 2006 04:25 AM UTC

Hi Ross,

I have increased the priority of this issue in our Defect Management System.Positively I can update you in two days with the status of the issue.

Regards,

Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 23, 2006 02:15 PM UTC

Hi Ross,

As a workaround for such a situation,internally we have added GradientLabel.DrawActiveWhenDisabled property which indicates whether the text should be drawn active or not.Changes for this will be included with the Essential Studio version coming after 4.4.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2006 04:45 PM UTC

Thanks for the update.

You appreciate my interest in your products.

>
Hi Ross,

As a workaround for such a situation,internally we have added GradientLabel.DrawActiveWhenDisabled property which indicates whether the text should be drawn active or not.Changes for this will be included with the Essential Studio version coming after 4.4.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team December 21, 2006 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Ross,

Welcome.If you are in need of a fix,could you please create a Direct-Trac incident mentioning this forum ID in the subject line and including the Essential Studio version you are working with?We can check whether a private build assembly can be provided in your version.

Best Regards,

Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon