We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDBG - Grid inside a grid - multiselect checkbox

Hi, My requirement is that I want a GDBG grid in which one of the columns is a grid with checkboxes. I should be able to check multiple items in that grid for a single row. Is this possible? Thanks, Gayathri.

6 Replies

GA Gayathri April 17, 2006 09:12 AM UTC

If yes, can anyone please post any sample code for that? Thanks. >Hi, > >My requirement is that I want a GDBG grid in which one of the columns is a grid with checkboxes. I should be able to check multiple items in that grid for a single row. Is this possible? > >Thanks, >Gayathri. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 17, 2006 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Gayathri, Kindly provide us some more details on this issue, as we could not able to get the issue clearly. Please refer to the following link for a browser sample which demonstrates a method to show dropdown grid with hierarchal tables. Broswer Sample : GDBGwithDropGrids [ \\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\GDBGwithDropGrids ] Thanks, Madhan

GA Gayathri April 18, 2006 05:29 AM UTC

Hi, We have a grid data bound grid and in one of the columns we many have to choose many items from a list of employees. For that purpose, we need a checkbox option for every list item.. after selecting the items, we are required to display the options in a comma separated text. So we are planning to have a checkedlistbox inside a grid. Can we get any sample code for this implementation ? Thanks , Gayathri. >Hi Gayathri, > >Kindly provide us some more details on this issue, as we could not able to get the issue clearly. Please refer to the following link for a browser sample which demonstrates a method to show dropdown grid with hierarchal tables. > >Broswer Sample : GDBGwithDropGrids [ \\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\GDBGwithDropGrids ] > >Thanks, >Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2006 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Gayathri, This can be achieved by using the custom DropDown. Here is a sample which, shows the custom checkbox DropDown being added to an unbound column of the grid. Sample : MultiCheckBox_DropDown Broswer Sample : DropDownFormAndUserControlSample [ \\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample ] Best regards, Madhan

GA Gayathri April 19, 2006 05:33 AM UTC

Hi, We are using Syncfusion version 1.5 and the solution you had given is getting a lot of build errors. Moreover, we are using VB.NET. Can you please send a solution that is compatible with our version and in VB.NET? Thanks. >Hi Gayathri, > >This can be achieved by using the custom DropDown. Here is a sample which, shows the custom checkbox DropDown being added to an unbound column of the grid. > >Sample : MultiCheckBox_DropDown >Broswer Sample : DropDownFormAndUserControlSample [ \\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample ] > >Best regards, >Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2006 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Gayathri, Attached is a sample in VB.NET and grid version 1.5. Regards, Calvin.

CheckedDropDown_VBSynV1.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon