We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding Node to Symbol Deselects Symbol

The initial look of the symbols we drag into our diagram are simple rectangles. A user is given the ability to change the look of the selected symbol by choosing an image for that symbol. When an image is chosen, we hide the rectangle node of the symbol and add a new BitmapNode to the symbol. When this is done, the symbol in the diagram is deselected? We can reselect the symbol manually from outside of the symbol, however, ideally, we would like the symbol to remain selected? Can anyone provide insight as to why the symbol is deselected when we add a BitmapNode to the symbol? Thanks

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your continuous support to Syncfusion. I am working on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Praveena.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 17, 2006 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. If your intention is to make the Symbol nodes to remain selected ideally, then you can implement this by adding the nodes to the Controller.Selectionlist NodeCollection. I have created a small sample exhibiting this behavior, Kindly refer the Sample and the ImageFiles. Please let me know if you have any further queries regarding this. Also please specify where the nodes need to be added to the selection list. I am referring the ChildrenChangeComplete event method. Regards, Praveena.

SymbolSelection.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon