We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Speed, Memory usage of SaveBinary

SaveBinary on a 100X100 grid with only backcolor assigned and font of bold, without any text takes 11 seconds (machine with CPU 2GHz, Memory 512MB), and generates a 2MB file. SaveBinary on a grid of 1000X1000 takes 10 minutes, generates 16MB of data. Not to mention SaveSoap. Saving an excel file of 100X100 with same settings takes a lot less. I wonder how can I improve this? Thanks

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2003 12:09 PM UTC

We will have to look into this. It looks like we should not rely on plain .NET serialization to save the state but instead provide our own file format. We are actually working on a Xml based solution for the 2.0 version but that is not ready yet. I will let you know once I have more concrete results. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2003 12:13 PM UTC

One way you can reduce the amount of data that has to be written out is by creating a base style (in GridModel.BaseStylesMap) where you save the back color and font information and then assign this base style to cells. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon