We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

editing currency cells

hi to all, i have a cell with the type currency. when the user begins to edit and type ".", i want to position the cusrsor in the decimal area. this operation works fine when the user type ",". best regards and thanks in advance fady

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2006 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Fady, The indent behavior is present there by default, if you type ''.'' the cursor position automatically moves to the decimal area [ version 4.1.0.62 ]. Please provide some more information on your requirement. Sample : CurrencyCells_GC Best regards, Madhan

FS Fady Sayegh April 11, 2006 07:53 AM UTC

Hi Madhan, my group separator is " " (space) and my decimal separator is "," when i replace in the sample these two line style.CurrencyEdit.CurrencyDecimalSeparator = "."; style.CurrencyEdit.CurrencyGroupSeparator = ","; by these on style.CurrencyEdit.CurrencyDecimalSeparator = ","; style.CurrencyEdit.CurrencyGroupSeparator = " "; it doesn''t work do you have a solution for that ? Note : i''m working on a french project, our group seperator is the space " " and our decimal seperator is the comma "," best regards and thanks in advance fady

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2006 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Fady, Please try this code snippet and let us know if this helps to resolve the issue. private void gridControl1_CurrentCellActivated(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridControl1.CurrentCell; if(cc.Renderer.StyleInfo.CellType == GridCellTypeName.Currency) { this.gridControl1.Focus(); cc.MoveTo(cc.RowIndex,cc.ColIndex,GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus); SendKeys.Send("{HOME}"); } } Best regards, Madhan

FS Fady Sayegh April 12, 2006 03:42 PM UTC

Hi Madhan, thanks to your reply, i tried the code on the CurrentCellActivated but it does not work. GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridControl1.CurrentCell; if(cc.Renderer.StyleInfo.CellType == GridCellTypeName.Currency) { this.gridControl1.Focus(); cc.MoveTo(cc.RowIndex,cc.ColIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus); SendKeys.Send("{HOME}"); } when i hit the "." caracter, the cursor does not move to the decimal area best regards and thanks in advance fady

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 05:18 AM UTC

Hi Fady, Here is the sample which, demonstrates a way to move the cursor to the decimal place when ''.'' is pressed in the currency cell. In the sample, the CurrentCellActivated event is handled to avoid the default behaviour ( selecting all text in a cell ) for '','' and the CurrentCellKeyPress event is handled to move the cursor to decimal place by sending the decimal separator of the cell when ''.'' is pressed in the currency cell. Sample : CurrencyCell_DecimalSeperator Let us know if this helps. Best regards, Madhan.

FS Fady Sayegh April 14, 2006 08:29 AM UTC

Hi Madhan, thanks for your help, it works fine fady

MM Mikaël Morvan November 9, 2007 04:24 PM UTC

Hi,

This code seems does not work correctly when the CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK Keys are turn on and when you press the "." on the numeric keypad.

Thanks,
Mikaël

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team November 9, 2007 11:51 PM UTC

Hi Philip,

Please try to provide us some more details on your system, as we need some more input on this issue. We have tested the attached sample with Essential Studio v5.2 to reproduce this issue. But we could not get this issue. Is it possible for you to provide us some more information to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

We appreciate your patience, and thanks for considering Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Haneef

MM Mikaël Morvan November 13, 2007 08:38 AM UTC

Hi,

Hardware: french keyboard (AZERTY)
Syncfusion : Essential Studio 4.4

The problem provide with the use of the "." key of the numeric keypad.
When NumLock is On and CapsLock is Off, it's ok.
When NumLock is On and CapsLock is On, SendKeys.Send(",") does not work.

I put a breakpoint in the "OnTableControlCurrentCellKeyPress" method.
The grid receive the KeyPress message for the "." key, but the SendKeys.Send(",") seems have a different behavior when the CapsLock is On.

Best Regards,
Mikaël

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2008 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Mikael,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Cursor is not moved to decimal place when "." is pressed on the numeric keypad and when the CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK Keys are turn on.

The issue ' Cursor is not moved to decimal place when "." is pressed on the numeric keypad and when the CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK Keys are turn on ' is reproducible in 4.4 version. But it is fixed in Syncfusion Essential Studio 2008 Volume 1 Final version (6.1.0.34). So we highly recommend you to upgrade to our latest version which is available in the below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon