We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

docking manager, auto hide display speed

Hey All! Is there any way to control the amount of time it takes for the docking manager to display an auto hidden panel? Currently for example when an auto hidden panel is displayed, the docking manager "slides" the panel into view, which is fine. However, the requirement here has presented itself that the panel needs to show "immediately", without any sliding, just an immediate show. I think the reason for this requirement is that the sliding time is not consistent, some panels slide into view faster/slower than others, even when they are the same size. I have a gut feeling but certainly am not sure that this inconsistency is a result of the panel''s nested control repainting itself during the slide, and obviously some controls take longer to paint that others, but again this is just a hunch. Please advise. Many Thanks GA

1 Reply

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team April 10, 2006 05:14 AM UTC

Hi Giancarlo, You could control the speed of AutoHide animation by setting the static property AnimationStep of DockingManager.Please go through the following code snippet and let me know if you need further assistance. private void dockingManager1_AutoHideAnimationStart(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.AutoHideAnimationEventArgs arg) { if(arg.DockBorder ==DockStyle.Left || arg.DockBorder==DockStyle.Right) Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.AnimationStep = arg.Bounds.Width; if(arg.DockBorder ==DockStyle.Top || arg.DockBorder==DockStyle.Bottom) Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.AnimationStep = arg.Bounds.Height; } Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Regards, Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon