We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Add property to a cell

Hi! The answer to this one may be obvious, but I have to ask... Is there a way to add a property to a cell? I am using the XlsIO component to create a workbook with data that a user will update. The user will then "import" this workbook with our application. My import process parses the data that the user was allowed to change. In our case, there are three distinct types of "answer" cells: boolean (that I turn into a yes/no combo box), number, text, and multi-choice (a combo box). Is there something that I can add to a cell''s property to tell me on the import process what it is that I''m importing. Some of the number cells have user-defined validation, but some are not and I cannot make one on the fly. If I can''t, is there a way to sense if the cell contains a combo box? At least, that would solve half of my problems. Thank you, Elsa

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 09:26 PM UTC

Hi Elsa, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Currently we do not support detecting a cell with a combobox. The only combobox that XlsIO can detect is the DataValidation [List Type]. Could you please provide more information/sample of a template file with a cell that you would like to read using XlsIO so that I can check with the development team and get an estimate of when such functionality could be implemented. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi! The answer to this one may be obvious, but I have to ask... Is there a way to add a property to a cell? I am using the XlsIO component to create a workbook with data that a user will update. The user will then "import" this workbook with our application. My import process parses the data that the user was allowed to change. > >In our case, there are three distinct types of "answer" cells: boolean (that I turn into a yes/no combo box), number, text, and multi-choice (a combo box). Is there something that I can add to a cell''s property to tell me on the import process what it is that I''m importing. Some of the number cells have user-defined validation, but some are not and I cannot make one on the fly. > >If I can''t, is there a way to sense if the cell contains a combo box? At least, that would solve half of my problems. > >Thank you, > >Elsa

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon