We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Several Diagram Problems

Listed below are a few problems we are having with the Diagram: 1) In order to build our pallette, we are using the Symbol Designer and loading the resulting edp file. In our pallette we have several control node symbols. We would like our check boxes, radio buttons, and label controls to have a default text value of "Label". We make our adjustments to the Control in the symbol designer property grid (we set the Text property to "Label"), but when loaded onto the diagram, our control nodes have no such value. 2) In order to work around problem 1 described above, we have overridden the OnChildrenChangeComplete method of our symbol and added the following lines of code: ControlNode controlNode = this.Nodes[0] as ControlNode; if (controlNode != null) { controlNode.Control.Text = "Label"; } This sets the Text of the control to "Label", but causes the symbol to "disappear" only to reappear when we deselect the symbol. 3) As of our upgrade to 4.1 (from 3.3), whenever we add a button control to the diagram, the button control is drawn up to 10 other times in a diagonal path across the entire diagram and causes all other symbols on the diagram to "disappear", only to reappear when the button control is deselected. Problems 2 and 3 relate to a recent upgrade from 3.3 to 4.1. Problem 1 has always existed. Any help would be appreciated!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2006 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. My apologies for the delay in responding. 1.If your intention is to set the Label value for the ControlNode in the SymbolDesigner,then you can make this by using Labels property in the PropertyEditor.I have attached a sample palette file which when loaded onto the Diagram appears with its Label value.Also in the Sample, please comment the code statements in the ChildrenChangeComplete Event block to view the default Label value.Please refer the sample image file. 2. As with the work around,if you add a Symbol from the Palette file onto the Diagram ,it is added as a Symbol node.Please refer the following code snippet to set the Label value for the symbol . // Add the following codes to the ChildrenChangeComplete Event block. if(evtArgs.Node is Symbol) { Symbol newsym = evtArgs.Node as Symbol; newsym.Labels[0].Text = "AddedLabel"; } 3. I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce this issue. I have tested this condition with a small sample in which I have added a button control onto the Diagram.Kindly, refer the sample in particular the drawControlNode_Click() code block. Please refer the sample and let me know if this helps you. Regards, Praveena.

Label_ControlNode.zip

JW Jeff Wolski April 10, 2006 04:30 PM UTC

Thanks for the response. Unforunately, we would like to make use of the ControlNode''s System.Windows.Forms.Control''s Text Property. Is there anyway we can do that? Also, as for the redrawing issue with the buttons, I believe this may have to do with Visual Styles being enabled. At first, I thought that the bug popped up right after our upgrade to 4.1, but around that time, we also enabled visual styles in our app to emulate the XP look & feel. > Hi Jeff, > > Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. > > My apologies for the delay in responding. > > 1.If your intention is to set the Label value for the ControlNode in the SymbolDesigner,then you can make this by using Labels property in the PropertyEditor.I have attached a sample palette file which when loaded onto the Diagram appears with its Label value.Also in the Sample, please comment the code statements in the ChildrenChangeComplete Event block to view the default Label value.Please refer the sample image file. > > 2. As with the work around,if you add a Symbol from the Palette file onto the Diagram ,it is added as a Symbol node.Please refer the following code snippet to set the Label value for the symbol . > > // Add the following codes to the ChildrenChangeComplete Event block. > if(evtArgs.Node is Symbol) > { > Symbol newsym = evtArgs.Node as Symbol; > newsym.Labels[0].Text = "AddedLabel"; > } > >3. I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce this issue. I have tested this condition with a small sample in which I have added a button control onto the Diagram.Kindly, refer the sample in particular the drawControlNode_Click() code block. > > Please refer the sample and let me know if this helps you. > > Regards, > Praveena. > > >

Label_ControlNode.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 04:58 AM UTC

Hi , Thanks for the update.If your intention is to make use of the ControlNode''''''''s System.Windows.Forms.Control'' Text property then you can implement this condition by , // Add the following codes to the ChildrenChangeComplete Event block. { ControlNode ctrlnode = evtArgs.Node as ControlNode; ctrlnode.Control.Text = "ControlNodeLabelAdded"; } I have modified the Sample code statements wherein it will add a ControlNodeLabel if the Node is a ControlNode or it will add a SymbolLabel if the Node is a Symbol.Kindly , refer the attached Sample. As with the redrawing issue, I was not able to reproduce the condition you have described.I have tested this condition with version V4.1.0.65 by enabling the VisualStyle property.If I am wrong in getting your requirement,could you please post us some reproducing steps or modify the sample so that it would help us to have a closer look into the issue to get it resolved. Please let me know if this helps you. Thanks, Praveena.

Label_ControlNode0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon