We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exporting a grid to excel

hello! I would like to know if there is, somewhere in the ExcelRW library, a method that exports a grid to excel in the format that it is in the VB.NET program. The sample I have from you uses loops to affect the text value of the different cells, is there a way to affect the cells'' style as well? or do I have to code the affectation of the width, height, color, backcolor, etc.. Thanks for your help Pierre-Luc

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2006 01:07 AM UTC

Hi Pierre, Please upgrade to the latest version which has a built in grid exporter ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/4.1.0.63/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ExportToExcelGC_5edd99e7.zip Please let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Stephen. >hello! > >I would like to know if there is, somewhere in the ExcelRW library, a method that exports a grid to excel in the format that it is in the VB.NET program. > >The sample I have from you uses loops to affect the text value of the different cells, is there a way to affect the cells'' style as well? or do I have to code the affectation of the width, height, color, backcolor, etc.. > >Thanks for your help > >Pierre-Luc

PB Pierre-Luc Boulet April 6, 2006 02:10 PM UTC

Hello ! That''s great news ! is there a compiled version of the sample? so I could show it to my boss, so he could decide to upgrade or not. Thanks Pierre-Luc

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2006 08:57 PM UTC

Hi Pierre, Here is the compiled sample (Version 4.1.0.63) http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ExportToExcelGC_d317f5cb.zip We are also making a lot of enhancements to the converter control for the upcoming 4.2 release. If you find any issues in the converter control(version 4.1.0.63), we will try our best to fix it before the 4.2 release. Best regards, Stephen. >Hello ! > >That''s great news ! > >is there a compiled version of the sample? so I could show it to my boss, so he could decide to upgrade or not. > >Thanks > >Pierre-Luc

RA ralph_lachance June 28, 2006 10:17 PM UTC

Stephen, I''m having a little trouble understanding what is part of the future and what is part of the past in this terrain. For example, in the 4.1.0.62 help, there is this comment about ExelUtils. ExcelUtils is a helper class that is used for easy usage of direct XlsIO API in performing repetitive tasks.[The usage of this class is not recommended, Please refer to the documentation for updated sample code.] And I can''t find anything about GridExcelConverter Yet, it turns out I''m using both GEC and EUtils in the same hunk of code right now. (it exports multiple grids to a single xls.) Can you give us a roadmap on where things are going and what techniques we should and should not use? (Or should this go to the grid forum?)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2006 06:46 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, Our latest version 4.2.0.37 sample browser has some samples and information regarding Grid to Excel Converter.In 4.1.0.62.,there is only limited information available regarding this feature. The GridToExcel method should be used to export the grid to an excel sheet.Here is the code snippet using Grid to excel converter. Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl gecc = new Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl(); converter.GridToExcel(this.gridControl1.Model, saveFileDialog.FileName,GridExcelConverter.ConverterOptions.Default); And regarding the usage of ExcelUtils class,you can use this while you were using Grid to Excel Converter. Also please consider upgrading to our latest version 4.2.0.37 which has some features added. Please download our latest version through the following link. DownloadLink:http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v4.2.0.37/SyncfusionEssentialStudioSetup.exe Note:This version requires a separate key to install. Please contact sales if you have not received a key. Please let me know if you any other queries. Thanks, Bharath.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2006 06:27 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, Sorry for the confusion regarding the usage of ExcelUtils class in our previous update. The ExcelUtils class was initially created as a wrapper class to simplify the API usage but we have faced some performance issues regarding its usage, hence the ExcelUtils class will be marked as obsolete soon.Please use the ExcelEngine class in your project. Thanks, Bharath.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon