We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Toggle on ComboBox Cell in Gridcontrol

i have many dropdown columns where i have 2 values. My users are asking for the following functionality. They want the ability to hit the space bar (when this are on the dropdown cell) and that will toggle between the values in the dropdown. Since i am using a virtual grid i would like the following events to take place: 1. User hits space in the dropdown cell: 2. I would like to catch this action in the _HPGrid_CurrentCellValidating event so i can detect what the user is doing and override the input with the next value in the dropdown This event doesn''t seem to fire in this use case. Can you think of any other way to do it. thks, ak

2 Replies

AK Adam K. April 6, 2006 04:54 AM UTC

any update on this ? >i have many dropdown columns where i have 2 values. My users are asking for the following functionality. > >They want the ability to hit the space bar (when this are on the dropdown cell) and that will toggle between the values in the dropdown. > >Since i am using a virtual grid i would like the following events to take place: > >1. User hits space in the dropdown cell: >2. I would like to catch this action in the _HPGrid_CurrentCellValidating event so i can detect what the user is doing and override the input with the next value in the dropdown > >This event doesn''t seem to fire in this use case. Can you think of any other way to do it. > >thks, >ak

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2006 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Adam, Sorry for the delay. The CurrentCellValidating event will be triggered only if the user leaves the cell. Here is a sample which, uses the CurrentCellKeyPress event to toggle between the values in the dropdown when the space bar is pressed. Sample : ToggleSelection_ComboBox Thanks for being patient. Best regards, Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon