We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Parent Collapse Children when filtered

Hi, I am using a GGC with a dataview as a datasource for it. When I filter the parent values with a child row expanded, the parent row collapses. I need to be able to filter parents while keeping the child rows visible. IS this possible? I have included a code snippet of how I am trying to achive the filter. Form1.GridGroupingControl1.BeginUpdate() Dim MyGridDV As DataView Dim DV As New DataView Dim MyDS As New DataSet MyGridDV = Form1.GridGroupingControl1.DataSource MyDS = MyGridDV.DataViewManager.DataSet DV = MyDS.Tables(0).DefaultView DV.RowFilter = ("Digital_data_exist =''1''") ''Form1.GridGroupingControl1.DataSource = MyGridDV Form1.GridGroupingControl1.EndUpdate(True) Regards, Chris Wescott

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2006 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Chris, The records in a parent table can be filtered with the help of the TableDescriptor.RecordFilters with out the child table getting collapsed. Below is a code snippet. Let us know if this serves your need. Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Me.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add("[Digital_data_exist] = ''1''") End Sub Regards, Calvin.

CW Chris Wescott April 7, 2006 07:36 PM UTC

This is Great, If I wanted to implement this type of a record filter on my nested table. I tried something like this but it didn''t work. Dim TbDsc As New GridTableDescriptor TbDsc = GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Relations(0).ChildTableDescriptor tbdsc.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add("[My_Row_Type] = ''MP''") Is there a different way I should be implementing this. Regards, Chris

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 10, 2006 05:06 AM UTC

Hi Chris, Below is a code snippet that filters record from both parent and child table. Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim parentTableDescriptor As GridTableDescriptor = Me.GridGroupingControl1.GetTable(parentTableName).TableDescriptor parentTableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add("[SomethingEXIST] = ''1''") Dim childTableDescriptor As GridTableDescriptor = Me.GridGroupingControl1.GetTable(childTableName).TableDescriptor childTableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add("[SomethingEXIST] = ''1''") Me.GridGroupingControl1.Table.InvalidateCounterTopDown(True) End Sub Regards, Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon