We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Format Toolbar

Hi, I am attempting to create a reusable formatting toolbar component, using the Syncfusion XPMenus, for a number of applications. The toolbar will take a GridStyleInfo and change it based on what the user chooses in the toolbar, and the items shown will be set based on flags. The idea I had was to create a component that, when given a BarManager, creates a toolbar and items based on the properties of the component. I have this working now. However, I have a couple of issues. When in design mode, if I set the BarManager to null, the items and toolbars are not removed as I have coded them to. Also, during compilation and design time, I get an error window from Visual Studio .NET along the lines of "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarManager" is not marked as serializable. Thirdly, I am not sure how to remove the bar items and such when the component is deleted from the form in design time. Finally, is there any way to stop the BarManager "Customise Bar Items" dialog from showing the items created by my component? Thanks, TERRY ROSSOW

7 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 31, 2006 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Terry, I am currently working on this and will provide an update within a day. Sorry for this delay. Regards, Mano

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team April 3, 2006 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Terry, Sorry for this delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately, we could not provide a solution without looking into the code. Could it be possible for you to post your code? If it is confidential, you can create a Direct-Trac incident and post your code there, mentioning this forum ID in the subject line. Thanks for your patience and understanding on this issue. Regards, Mano

TR Terence Rossow April 4, 2006 11:38 PM UTC

Thank you for your time, however I have solved my issues by removing design-time visibility of the toolbar itself. I do have one other question - in one of the winforms grid samples there is a property grid that allows you to choose a pattern of the cell from a combo box. Each item has an image of the pattern. Would it be possible to retrieve those images from somewhere? Cheers, TERRY ROSSOW

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2006 05:59 AM UTC

Hi Terry, Here is a sample that explains how images can be added as items in a GridListControl cell type. Similarly, you can use image without using a combobox. Sample : ImageInComboBox Thanks for being patience. Best regards, Madhan

TR Terence Rossow April 6, 2006 07:15 AM UTC

Hi Madhan, What I actually require is the icons out of the combo box in the property grid that shows the available patterns for cells. What I am trying to do is create a formatting toolbar with a drop down that contains all of the cell patterns - so I need those pattern images for the drop down. I was hoping that you would be able to send them to me, or point me at the dll which contains them. Thanks, TERRY ROSSOW

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2006 03:46 PM UTC

Hi Terry, The patterns are not images or icons. You can draw them using the BrushInfo tool. Namespace : Syncfusion.Drawing Assembly : Syncfusion.Shared.Base (in Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll) Broswer Sample : CellStyles( \\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\CellStyles ) Best regards, Madhan

TR Terence Rossow April 9, 2006 11:11 PM UTC

Thanks. Exactly what I was after.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon