We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC : CheckBox cell type

I have a requirement in which I need to display a checkbox in all the rows of a GGC. (1) The user should be able to check multiple rows of the grid. But the default implementation of the CheckBox cell type works like a Radio button, allowing the user to only check one row at a time. Checking another row causes the previously checked row to become unchecked. How can I change this behaviour? (2) Also, I need to have a Checkbox, preferably in the column header such that when the user checks it, all the row checkboxes get checked and when he unchecks it, all the row checkboxes get unchecked. Something like a ''Select All'' option. How can I do this? (3) On click of a button (external to the Grid), I need to be able to determine which rows in the grid were checked. How can I do this? Would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks, Anupama

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2006 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, Please refer to the sample which, demonstrates a way of setting the value of all rows in the checkbox column depending on the header cell value and also a way of retrieving the values of all rows of the checkbox column on button click. Issue 1: Please refer to the KB article to have more details on this issue. Issue 2: One way to achieve this is by checking header cell value in the CheckBoxClick event and accordingly changing all the values in the checkbox column. Issue 3: You can make a table to store the values and retrieve the values on button click. Thanks for the patience. Let us know if this helps. Best regards, Madhan Relevant KB articles: How do I place a Checkbox in a header cell of a GridGroupingControl? How do I have an unbound checkbox column in a GridGroupingControl? Sample : CheckBox_GGC

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon