We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

real time updates

Hi, I need to present real time data in a grid trying to use the less CPU as possible. I used the techniques suggested in the RefreshGrid and TraderGrid samples and actually performance is not that bad. For a few displayed records (20~25) the CPU usage is quite low (below 5%) but increasing to 50 rows I see the CPU usage leaping to more the 50%. Assuming that most of the CPU time is spent drawing (I’m caching statically the styles as in the RefreshGrid sample) I don’t see why doubling the rows I need ten times the power. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Andrea

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Andrea, I have seen similar issues in our internal forum section. But, I can’t come to a conclusion whether the problem is with the drawing of the cells, without fully knowing the details on this issue. It would be better, if you could provide me with some more details and a sample or modify the browser sample accordingly, to reproduce the issue here. Which version of grid are you using? Are you using Virtual grid for implementing the issue? Have you used the DrawClippedGrid method in the TraderGridTest sample to draw the cells? What are the modifications that you have done in your sample, in comparison to the TraderGridTest sample? Thanks for your patience. Best regards, Madhan.

AB Andrea Boni March 28, 2006 01:14 PM UTC

I''m detaching the proptotype from the backend adapter and i''ll send you the code. - The version of the grid is 4.0.5.0. - I''m using the grid in virtual mode - I used the DrawClippedGrid I have non volatile static cache like the one in the RefreshGrid sample. When I receive an update from the backend I update the cache (directly, I don''t use the GridModel) and I invalidate the changed cells.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2006 02:27 PM UTC

Hi Andrea, Thanks for the reply. Here is the sample demonstrates similar to issue you are expecting. I hope this helps you a little bit. Is your application, updates data large part of grid or random cells? Thanks for the patience Best regards, Madhan Sample : PerformanceGrid

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon