We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit Vertex

Hi, I have same questions - reports to the Edit Vertex tool in the SymbolDesigner: 1.) You have a strict differentiation of the vertex tool between the rectange, ellipse, round rectangle and the polygon. But in my case I think the user will start in the most instances with e.g. drawing a rectangle and following that he will like to change the properties of the Shape like he can do with the Vertex tool on a polygon. Is it possible to override the standard functionality of the Vertex tool on the rect, ellipse, round rect or do I have to replace e.g. the rect with a polygon? 2.) When I edit a ellipse or a round rect Shape with the Vertex tool I can´t get these shapes smaller just bigger? 3.) When I rotate a arc shape with the Vertex tool the SymbolDesigner shows a system error dialog. ("... Method cannot execute due to the current state of the object ..."). 4.) Orthogonal links can only be edited on the endpoints but not on the two points in the middle (just selected)? 5.) In addition to 1.) is it possible to add vertices to a polycurve? thank you in advance, Uli

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 08:57 AM UTC

Hello Uli, I am sorry about this delay in responding. As for the issues you have raised here 1. Polygon shape class implements ILineSegments interface which is used for accessing and modifying the collection of line segments to an object. Also it overrides SetDefaultPropertyValues()method and the "AllowVertexEdit" property is set to TRUE value within the method. And a rectangle shape can contain maximum(and also minimum) of four vertices Rectangle.MinLocalPoints/MaxLocalPoints). If a shape object has more than four vertices,it becomes polygon. And hence if you want to add vertices to the rectangle shape to convert it as polygon, you need to provide a suitable implementation for your customized VertexEditTool, Rectangle classes etc., 2. Could you please elaborate about this condition? 3. I was not able to reproduce this issue.Arcs can be rotated without any problems. Could you please let us know at which condition you are getting this exception? 4. We have an QA report on this issue. The defect id is #1391. You can keep track of the report details using our web based tracking system. 5. Yes,you can add vertices to the closed curve using VertexEditTool. Don''t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We will be glad to assist you. Thanks, Meera.

JS Johann Schraml March 28, 2006 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Meera, thanks a lot for your statements. I will factor it into my thoughts. to 2.) First draw a Rectangle, a Rounded Rectangle and a Ellipse. Then set AllowVertexTool to true on all Shapes. After that activate the EditVertexTool MenuItem and start resizing the Rounded Rectangle. As you can see the Rounded Rectangle grows only but do not shrink when you go back with the cursor. The Ellipse performs in the same way only the Rectangle does it right. to 3.) Draw a small Arc so that the start point is arround the point (200,200) and the end point arround (300,300). Then activate the Edit Vertex tool and start rotating on the end point so that you slowly cross the point (x, 200). I hope you can reproduce the error because sometimes it doesn´t appear but then I get it everytime I do this. While playing arround with the Vertex tool I run into another error dialog. Try to resize a Rectangle with the down right corner so that it becomes smaller and smaller. See the attched file for the error dialog. I hope you can reproduce the behaviour. best regards, Uli

rect.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Uli, Thank you for the detailed informations. I was able to view the condition and have QA report on this issue. We will do our best to fix this issue at the earliest. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Meera.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon