We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AutoComplete - Set History Parameters

HI, We are using V 3.2.1.0 AutoComplete control. We havent asscociated any external datasource to AutoComplete control. Just storing where ever the control stores(I guess windows folders/registry) Can you plz tell me 1. Where and how exactly is the history storage in windows? If it is a file, can I change the location? 2. What is the max no/size of history items per AutoComplete control? 3. By default, how long(duration) each history item is stored? History items are to be reset mannualy only or will be reset automatically using any timer event? Rgds Rajani Kanth

1 Reply

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Rajani Kanth, Q1 :For normal state storage and retrieval it is advisable to use the AutoComplete.SaveCurrentState() and AutoComplete.LoadCurrentState() methods and if you do not specify any parameter in SaveCurrentState(),then the values are getting saved in Registry,in Software\\Syncfusion\\AutoComplete . However,If you specify a category name,then the values will be stored under that name. Also,in SaveCurrentState() ,you can write the history information to the persistence medium specified by the "mode" parameter and at the path specified by the "persistpath" parameter. For eg: using Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization; // For AppStateSerializer using Microsoft.Win32; // For RegistryKey RegistryKey regKey = Registry.CurrentUser; regKey = regKey.CreateSubKey("Software\\TestAutoFolder"); serializer =new AppStateSerializer (SerializeMode.WindowsRegistry,regKey); this.autoComplete2.SaveCurrentState(serializer); Console.WriteLine (serializer.SerializationPath); Q2: Other than Windows registry we have different modes like XMLFile,binaryFile etc to save values as history and defenitly the size and number of items to be saved is not a point here. Q3: Inorder to reset History,you can call ResetHistory method of AutoComplete. Please let me know if need furthur assistance. Thanks, Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon