We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to import data from Excel Sheet

I have a requirement that i have to import data from excel sheet to the grid. I dont knoe is it possible in the GGC or not? If yes, sample application will be highly appriciated.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 10:30 AM UTC

Hi, Please refer to the attached sample which shows how to import and export from GridGroupingControl to Excel. Regards, Calvin.

42150.zip

VE Venetia March 23, 2006 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Calvin I really appreciate all the help. Good Job :) Regards Venetia

MA Martin April 18, 2006 10:02 PM UTC

I downloaded the sample. When it exports to excel, it creates extra rows with junk on the top. If I then import the file, it shows in my GroupingGrid. I would like to export data only with column headers and import the same file and have it look exactly the same as when I exported it. Is it possible?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2006 10:16 PM UTC

What version of Syncfusion should one have to use the below. I currently have 3.2.1.0. Are the below available in 3.2.1.0? If not is there an alternative to export from a GridGroupingControl to Excel and preserve the groupings? using Syncfusion.XlsIO; using Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter; using Syncfusion.GroupingGridExcelConverter; Will appreciate any help. Regards HR

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2006 07:13 AM UTC

Hi The XlsIO .Net library is available in 4.1 and above version. In the lower versions the ExcelRW can be used, and please refer to this forum thread for more information. Martin, please find the attached sample in which I have copied the GroupingGridExcelConverter.cs and made some changes for your mentioned requirement. You can modify the class as per the requirement. The current version of excel converter only imports the content in the Excel spreadsheet without the styles and other formatting in MS Excel. We are working on improving the importing functionality and the grid importer would support importing with styles and other features in our coming release. Regards, Calvin.

421500.zip

MN Martin Nitschke April 20, 2006 03:03 PM UTC

Calvin, On further investigation, what was happening is that the TopLevelGroup Caption was getting exported to excel, along with the "header" above the caption. When I imported the file back into the grouping control, those 4 rows were data rows in the grid, instead of going back to the caption and header. I will check out your sample. Thanks! > >Martin, please find the attached sample in which I have copied the GroupingGridExcelConverter.cs and made some changes for your mentioned requirement. You can modify the class as per the requirement. The current version of excel converter only imports the content in the Excel spreadsheet without the styles and other formatting in MS Excel. We are working on improving the importing functionality and the grid importer would support importing with styles and other features in our coming release. > >Regards, >Calvin.

421500.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon