We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ExcelMarker example

Your ExcelMarker example only works with right mouse click. Standard excel behavior is left mouse click. I''m unsure how to correct this -- do you have any hints? thanks.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2006 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Wilson, The ExcelMarker sample works with left mouse button and not with right mouse button. The mouse button for dragging can be changed in the MouseDown() method of the ExcelMarkerMouseController class which could be found in the \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\In Depth\ExcelSelectionMarker sample. Also please refer this sample. Let us know if you have any further queries. Regards, Calvin.

JW Jenny Wilson March 20, 2006 06:52 PM UTC

If I left click in the middle of the cell, it works. If I left click on the corner of the cell, I see the cross, I drag, I get a message about the rows and columns expanded, and as soon as I let go of the mouse, it goes back the way it was. This is the functionality I am interested in as I want to implement auto fill here. If I right click in the middle of the cell, it works. If I right click on the corner of the cell, I see the cross, and then I think I was moving the mouse before I drug, so I "thought" this was working... but you are right, it doesn''t work. >Your ExcelMarker example only works with right mouse click. Standard excel behavior is left mouse click. I''m unsure how to correct this -- do you have any hints? > >thanks.

JW Jenny Wilson March 20, 2006 09:02 PM UTC

I''m running version 2.1.0.9 - I''m wondering if that is part of my problem. >If I left click in the middle of the cell, it works. > >If I left click on the corner of the cell, I see the cross, I drag, I get a message about the rows and columns expanded, and as soon as I let go of the mouse, it goes back the way it was. This is the functionality I am interested in as I want to implement auto fill here. > >If I right click in the middle of the cell, it works. > >If I right click on the corner of the cell, I see the cross, and then I think I was moving the mouse before I drug, so I "thought" this was working... but you are right, it doesn''t work. > >>Your ExcelMarker example only works with right mouse click. Standard excel behavior is left mouse click. I''m unsure how to correct this -- do you have any hints? >> >>thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2006 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Wilson, The ExcelMarkerMouseController class in the ExcelSelectionMarker sample gives just the expanded cell range. To get the Autofill functionality, the ExcelMarkerMouseController from the ExcelSelectionMarker sample can be used which, enables dragging at the bottom right corner of a cell and on release you can get the affected cell range. At this point (in the MouseUp event of the ExcelMarkerMouseController class) you have to affect copying into the range using whatever algorithm you want to use to fill the expanded range. Please refer the above sample that I have mentioned. Regards, Calvin.

JW Jenny Wilson March 21, 2006 07:27 PM UTC

Hi Calvin, Thanks. I upgraded to 4.0 so that I could see your example work. Should be easy to convert to VB. I misunderstood what the original example was supposed to do... Thanks again. Jenny

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon