We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Tabs: Office 2003 appearance when using "Windows Classic Style"

I have an application that uses docking with Office 2003 look and feel. When I run the app in "Windows XP Style" it looks great. When run in Windows 2000 or on Windows XP in "Windows Classic Style" the docking tabs are painted in an odd blue colour (see attached jpg) How can I make the tabs appear the same as other windows?

docking_2003.zip

3 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 16, 2006 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Paul, I was able to reproduce the situation here.The reason is,We are using the System colors for drawing the tabs.So according to the classic style,the color is that odd blue. However if you want to change the color of the docktabs please put the following code snippet in the DockStateChanged eventhandler. private void dockingManager1_DockStateChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockStateChangeEventArgs arg) { DockHost dh= arg.Controls[0].Parent as DockHost ; DockHostController dhc=dh.InternalController as DockHostController ; if(dhc.ParentController is DockTabController ) { DockTabController dtc= dhc.ParentController as DockTabController ; dtc.TabControl.TabPanelBackColor=Color.Silver ; //You may change this color according to your choice } } I have created a sample which implements this code.Please go through that and let me know , if you have any queries regarding this. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Joy

sample22.zip

PW Paul Wardle March 17, 2006 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Joy Thanks for the sample. This works for Windows Classic style. But now Windows XP style also uses "Silver". How do I only change the tab color when "Windows Classic Style" is selected?

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 17, 2006 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Paul, You could get the name of the current theme from the registry.For more information please refer this link.Then, in the DockStateChanged event handler you could check for classic theme,and change color according to your choice. I have modified the sample to implement this functionality.Please take a look into that and let me know if you need further assistance. Regards, Joy

sample23.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon