We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom properties

Hello, The worksheet interface of Excel 2003 supports custom properties. Does XlsIO support custom properties too? Or how can I save custom data on a per worksheet basis? Best regards, Holger

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 14, 2006 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Holger, Are you referring to the custom document properties found under File>>Properties>>Custom Tab in MS Excel 2003? Please clarify. Thanks, Stephen. >Hello, > >The worksheet interface of Excel 2003 supports custom properties. Does XlsIO support custom properties too? Or how can I save custom data on a per worksheet basis? > >Best regards, >Holger

HH Holger Haidinger March 15, 2006 08:08 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, No, you mentioned the BuiltinDocumentProperties and/or CustomDocumentProperties of the workbook object. The CustomProperties collection represents CustomProperty objects for worksheets. CustomProperies can store information within a worksheet. They are similar to the DocumentProperties in the Office XP model, except they are stored with a worksheet instead of the whole document. I don''t want to store the information in regular cells of a worksheet. I hope, that will clarify my question. Best regards, Holger >Hi Holger, > >Are you referring to the custom document properties found under > >File>>Properties>>Custom Tab in MS Excel 2003? > >Please clarify. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>Hello, >> >>The worksheet interface of Excel 2003 supports custom properties. Does XlsIO support custom properties too? Or how can I save custom data on a per worksheet basis? >> >>Best regards, >>Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Holger, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I will look into it and get back to you soon. Best regards, Stephen.

HH Holger Haidinger April 8, 2006 07:45 PM UTC

Hi Stephen, Did you find out something? Best regards, Holger.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Holger, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Could you please let me know if this is a feature in MS Excel? If so please let me know how these properties can be added using MS Excel? Thanks, Bharath.

HH Holger Haidinger April 12, 2006 09:13 PM UTC

Hi Bharath, please have a look at the Excel 2003 object model. ClassWorksheet + CustomProperties As CustomProperties The CustomProperties collection allows adding custom properties. Best regards, Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 09:11 PM UTC

Hi Holger, Thank you for your patience in providing the additional information that we had requested. I am able to understand the issue now, you need to read / write name value pairs similar to the one found on sheet one of this workbook WCP.zip I have contacted the development team regarding this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi Bharath, > >please have a look at the Excel 2003 object model. > >ClassWorksheet >+ CustomProperties As CustomProperties > >The CustomProperties collection allows adding custom properties. > >Best regards, >Holger >

HH Holger Haidinger April 20, 2006 07:56 PM UTC

Hi Stephen, That''s exactly what I want! Best regards, Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 3, 2006 07:56 PM UTC

Hi Holger, Thanks for the update. It''s in our to do list and will definitely be implemented in a service pack after version 4.2 gets released. An approximate estimate would be 4 weeks time. Please let me know if this timeframe is acceptable for you if not I can check with the developlement team and see if this could be implemented sooner. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi Stephen, > >That''s exactly what I want! > >Best regards, >Holger

HH Holger Haidinger May 10, 2006 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, I am very pleased to hear that the issue is in your to do list. You mentioned a timeframe of about 4 weeks. That is acceptable to me. Thanks. Holger >Hi Holger, > >Thanks for the update. It''s in our to do list and will definitely be implemented in a service pack after version 4.2 gets released. An approximate estimate would be 4 weeks time. > >Please let me know if this timeframe is acceptable for you if not I can check with the developlement team and see if this could be implemented sooner. > >Thanks, >Stephen. > >>Hi Stephen, >> >>That''s exactly what I want! >> >>Best regards, >>Holger

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon