We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MDI Tab Control

I was wondering if you can provide an example, or point me in the right direction on how or if its even capable of doing the following I have diffrent "parent" forms. Each of these forms have 1 to many child forms. So basicly, each time a parent type form gets launch for the first time, I want to show it in the PARENT tab, with a CHILD tab right under it. If it gets launch again, just a new child is added. Parent form doesn't really exist, its just basicly a holder for the child Tabs (in other words, only child forms have data/controls/whatever on it). so what i want is this look | *Budget* | Exp | | Budget 1 | *Budget 2* | Budget 3 | * = Active Tab if any budget Child Tab gets click on. The visable Budget gets switched. But if Exp gets clicked the tab will now look like this.... | Budget | *Exp* | | Exp 1 | Exp 2 | *Exp3* | Exp4 | Anyways, I have been playing around with the Tabs for over a week now, and I can't seem to get this type of behavior. Please let me know if its possible to do this. Any example code or any help will greatly be appreciated. Other than this is issue, my evaluation of your product has been very possitive (LOVE THE GRID), and look forward to purchasing it in the near future. Keep up the good work Frank

3 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 30, 2003 06:00 PM UTC

The right setup I would say is to use a "PARENT" TabControlExt, which will have a tab for each of your parent forms (Budget, exp, etc.). Then inside each of the TabPageExt, you could have another child TabPageExt (made to Fill) that will host your child forms (Budget1, budget2, etc.). Glad that you like our products! Regards, -Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 1, 2003 07:47 PM UTC

Ok, but if I'm using the normal tabs, instead of the MDI Tabs, how do I go about making a Panel a container for a Form? Frank

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team May 2, 2003 11:53 AM UTC

You will have to set the form's TopLevel to false and it's BorderStyle to none. Then you can simply add to the tabpage's Controls collection. Programatically, of course. -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon