We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

docking windows z-order

i have a form which has a user control. this user control is not dockable. there is a groupbar control which is docked. i would like the user to open the groupbar (over the UC), provide the UI input and then hide it; and then the main functionality is provided by the UC. however, what happens is that during the design time the (docked) groupbar always goes below the UC. same at runtime (despite using the SendToFront function)

4 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Hemant, You need to use a DockingClientPanel if there is any controls which are not docked.Place that controls inside the panel.It will take care of the spacing when user opens a hidden window for giving input. I have created a sample from your description and attached here.Please look into that and let me know ,if you have any queries Thanks for using Syncfusion Products Regards Joy

sample_fr41204.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 03:07 PM UTC

hi, your sample is throwing exception at line 85 (Form1.cs). ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.groupBar1)).BeginInit();

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 03:10 PM UTC

i''m using vs 2003, sf 3.301

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team March 1, 2006 06:42 AM UTC

Hi Hemant, Sorry for the delay in getting back you.I have created previous sample in our new version 4.1.Here is the sample which created using version 3.3.Please go through this,and let me know if this satisfies your requirement. Regards Joy

sample_I41204.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon