We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Flicking problem with XPTaskBar

I have a basic SDI form that contains a UserControl. On the UserControl is another UserControl (subControl) that contains an XPTaskBar, and within the XPTaskBar are Panels that contain data bound controls (mostly TextBox and ComboBox). Everything works correctly, except that when I expand/collapse a XPTaskBarBox, the controls inside the Panel flicker quite a bit, and my CPU pegs to 100% for a second. What could be causing this flicker problem? Is there some general way to reduce the flickering? Thanks, Erick

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2006 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Erick, Thanks for using Essential Tools. We regret for the inconvenience caused. I was able to see the problem of flickering while using Gradient Background Colors for panels inside the XPTaskBarboxes in v4.1.0.50. I have filed a bug report with the development team, you can track the status of this issue here: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1586 We will try our very best to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed. Could you please try deriving the XPTaskBarBox or Panel and turn on double buffering to reduce the flickering as shown below: public class CustomXPTaskBarBox : XPTaskBarBox { public CustomXPTaskBarBox() { SetStyle(ControlStyles.UserPaint, true); SetStyle(ControlStyles.AllPaintingInWmPaint, true); SetStyle(ControlStyles.DoubleBuffer, true); } } You could also find this information in the following link : http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/windowsforms/search/558.aspx Please let me know if this helps you. Best Regards, Seetha >I have a basic SDI form that contains a UserControl. On the UserControl is another UserControl (subControl) that contains an XPTaskBar, and within the XPTaskBar are Panels that contain data bound controls (mostly TextBox and ComboBox). Everything works correctly, except that when I expand/collapse a XPTaskBarBox, the controls inside the Panel flicker quite a bit, and my CPU pegs to 100% for a second. > >What could be causing this flicker problem? Is there some general way to reduce the flickering? > >Thanks, >Erick

ET Erick Thompson February 24, 2006 10:45 PM UTC

Seeta, I will try that when I get a chance, but for some reason, I am having a lot of problems using the derived control, as it breaks the designer. Thanks for submitting the bug. Thanks, Erick >Hi Erick, > >Thanks for using Essential Tools. > >We regret for the inconvenience caused. I was able to see the problem of flickering while using Gradient Background Colors for panels inside the XPTaskBarboxes in v4.1.0.50. > >I have filed a bug report with the development team, you can track the status of this issue here: > >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1586 > >We will try our very best to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed. > >Could you please try deriving the XPTaskBarBox or Panel and turn on double buffering to reduce the flickering as shown below: > > >public class CustomXPTaskBarBox : XPTaskBarBox >{ > public CustomXPTaskBarBox() > { > SetStyle(ControlStyles.UserPaint, true); > SetStyle(ControlStyles.AllPaintingInWmPaint, true); > SetStyle(ControlStyles.DoubleBuffer, true); > } >} > > >You could also find this information in the following link : > >http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/windowsforms/search/558.aspx > >Please let me know if this helps you. > >Best Regards, >Seetha > >>I have a basic SDI form that contains a UserControl. On the UserControl is another UserControl (subControl) that contains an XPTaskBar, and within the XPTaskBar are Panels that contain data bound controls (mostly TextBox and ComboBox). Everything works correctly, except that when I expand/collapse a XPTaskBarBox, the controls inside the Panel flicker quite a bit, and my CPU pegs to 100% for a second. >> >>What could be causing this flicker problem? Is there some general way to reduce the flickering? >> >>Thanks, >>Erick

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon