We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC Filter Nested Tables

Probably this has been asked before, but I can not find the answer. Is there an example that shows how to enable the filterbar for child (nested groups) in GGC where DataSource is set to a DataSet with defined relations. Thank you

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Ivan, Please, refer to the Broswer sample ( \\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\FilterBar ) and the set following property to enable the filterbar for child (nested groups) this.groupingGrid1.TableDescriptor.ChildGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = true; // or using designer mode ( In Properties Window ) TableDescriptor - > ChildGroupOptions - > ShowFilterBar to true Best Regards, Madhan.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 03:23 PM UTC

Madhan, This example use a DataSet with a single table and no relations. In my case there are no grouped columns created. Is there a way to display/utilize filter bar in this case? Thank you

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2006 04:47 PM UTC

I found that the correct propery path would be NestedTableGroupOptions- > ShowFilterBar. This works great, but is it possible to modify filtering logic in the way , that only parent records, which have child records are shown (filter by child)? Thank you

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2006 03:45 PM UTC

Hi Ivan, If you meant, the filtering of parent table filterbar. Here is one way of implementing it, using currentcellshowingdropdown event. Here is a sample project. or if you meant some other logic, provide us more explanation. Best Regards, Madhan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon