We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

system.arithmetic.exception

I put a Currency Edit box on a form - no other controls. When typing the numbers from the keyboard I get the following exception 'AmberwoodFrontEnd': Loaded 'G:\Visual Studio Projects\AmberwoodDataBase\AmberwoodFrontEnd\bin\AmberwoodFrontEnd.exe', Symbols loaded. 'AmberwoodFrontEnd.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.windows.forms\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.windows.forms.dll', No symbols loaded. 'AmberwoodFrontEnd.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.dll', No symbols loaded. 'AmberwoodFrontEnd.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.drawing\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.drawing.dll', No symbols loaded. 'AmberwoodFrontEnd.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.tools\1.5.2.0__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.tools.dll', No symbols loaded. 'AmberwoodFrontEnd.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\syncfusion.shared\1.5.2.0__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.shared.dll', No symbols loaded. An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArithmeticException' occurred in syncfusion.tools.dll Additional information: Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation. Unhandled Exception: System.ArithmeticException: Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.Engine.HandleAction(CalcActions action) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CalculatorControl.ButtonAction(CalcActions action) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CalculatorButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPButton.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at Syncfusion.Runtime.InteropServices.NativeMethods.SendMessage(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CalculatorControl.SimulateButtonClick(Int32 buttonIndex) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CalculatorControl.HandleChildKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CalculatorButton.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPButton.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) This error occurs in almost all the controls. It also happens on non Syncfusion controls. Sometime ago I mentioned this on the microsoft forums and someone came back to say that it had something to do with floating point calculations being enabled - his explanation at the time (which I no longer have a copy of) was completely incomprehensible. I simply get around it in my own applications by trapping and ignoring the error. However, your components evidently do not trap this error, and I can see no way of trapping it short of creating new controls derived from yours. This error occurs in almost all the components. Any suggestions? Thanks Jeremy Holt

5 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 29, 2003 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Jeremy, We regret for the inconvenience caused. We will look into this problem and add a workaround in our control. The change should be included at the earliest in our next possible update. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 29, 2003 12:43 PM UTC

Jeremy, This article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q326219& states that this is a bug in the 1.0 framework and it makes me assume that this should have been fixed in the 1.1 framework. You mentioned that you are using the VS2003. You are also using the 1.1 framework right? Does the system you are testing have 1.0 also? Because the one we are testing has only 1.1 and that didn't cause this problem. Regards, Praveen

DA Dan August 16, 2003 01:15 PM UTC

Ive been having this problem too, I think before I last re-installed I was having lots of problems and I was getting these problems on web forms; however, since then I got a fresh clean system, .net2003, framework1.1 (only), and I can't even launch a VB.NET windows app (atleast in debug mode) even when its just a blank form with no controls, with or without controls Im getting this arith. error - J# is giving me problems too for web apps, that mgiht be a separate issue, but vb.net web apps seem to be good - any suggestions would be appreciated > Jeremy, > > This article: > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q326219& > > states that this is a bug in the 1.0 framework and it makes me assume that this should have been fixed in the 1.1 framework. You mentioned that you are using the VS2003. You are also using the 1.1 framework right? Does the system you are testing have 1.0 also? Because the one we are testing has only 1.1 and that didn't cause this problem. > > Regards, > Praveen

AN Andrew November 12, 2003 01:38 PM UTC

I'm getting this error too even with just a blank form without any control. I'm using VC#.NET 2000. I don't understand the article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q326219& Any help would be highly appreciate

DJ David J November 12, 2003 10:23 PM UTC

I was working in VB.NET 1.0 and had no problems (also had 1.1 installed) then out of the blue i began to get the error as well. I can't even run a blank form. In the past I have just reloaded .NET, but that's just a pain in the you know what... I've been loyal to MS for years now, but things like this make you want to pull your hair out and go buy a "dare I say it"...JAVA book!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon