We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problems after upgrade to Net 2.0 and Syncfusion 4.10.50

Dear all, i work on a mdi application and use as default a tabbed mdi enviroment with docking controls at the side. 1. i use method "SetAutoHideMode" to switch some docking windows from invisible to visible. With the old .net 1.1 and Syncfusion 3.2. all is working fine, but now, only a docked frame is visible without the control inside ... also the titleheader of the docked window ist invisible. If i use the mouse to activate the tabs of the invisible control anything is working fine. If i have pinned one of this controls and the actived the other controls with "SetAutoHideMode" all is working correct ! 2. the anchor function with the settings top|left|botton|right works with some controls wrong: the distance to the botton is much higher than in the designer. Extremly when TabbedMDIOn is true. Do anybody know about this issue ? ( 3. In the designer from visual studio i change controls on forms that are using the tabcontrol from syncfusion. Then all controls on the active tabpage in the designer disapear when i compile the project. After that i close the form and reopen it, all controls are still in place ... strange issue . Please help me with my problems. Thanks cu Kai

10 Replies

KA Kai Abesser February 12, 2006 04:15 PM UTC

... and again a problem with the designer: 4. the syncfusion statusbar is not visible. After i changen the borderstyle from none to single and back the statusbar apears, but when i close the the form in the designer and reopen it, the statusbar is invisible. When i execute the programm the statusbar still apears and working fine ... cu Kai

PW Paul Wardle February 12, 2006 06:36 PM UTC

I have similar issues; after the upgrade I do not see my docked panes in the designer. Docked panes appear at odd positions if I make them visible through the UI (i.e. a thin strip down the lefthand of my main window). The docking manager''s Office 2003''s colors do not update when I change from blue->olive in XP Performance now seems very sluggish I get "Generic error occurred in GDI+" exception when dragging docked windows around The names of the docked panes are not aligned correctly with the Office 2003 theme. I bought V1.6.1, had problems. I upgraded to V3.2.1 - had problems. I skipped V3.3 because I didn''t get a version that worked. I got V4.1.0.50; and noticed the problems above within couple of day of trying this update. These problems - especially the performance issues - have prompted me to look at other providers....

KA Kai Abesser February 13, 2006 06:14 PM UTC

... in the meantime i get version 4.10.57, this resolves my first problem with the "SetAutoHideMode" Methode ... but now i have a new problem: when i close a mdiform with the tabbedmdi active an exception comes up: ************** Ausnahmetext ************** System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabbedMDIManager.mdiChildNativeWnd_SetIcon(Object sender, EventArgs e) bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabbedMDIManager.MdiChildNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) bei System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.SendMessage(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.SendMessage(Int32 msg, Int32 wparam, IntPtr lparam) bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.UpdateWindowIcon(Boolean redrawFrame) bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.ActivateMdiChildInternal(Form form) bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.DeactivateMdiChild() bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmMdiActivate(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) i please help thanks cu kai

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2006 08:34 PM UTC

Hi Kai, We regret for the inconvenience caused. We have identified the source of the problem and the fix has been made. We will make available a new version of 4.1.0.57 with this fix within the next few hours. Thanks, Davis

KA Kai Abesser February 14, 2006 11:22 AM UTC

... and again some new issue: in a ComboBoxBarItem i use a FontListBox to select a font to change the font of a marked text in a rtf-textbox. When i select the new font with the cursor tabs it works, but if i select the new font with the mouse, it will be not taken into the CombioBoxBarItem ... please help cu Kai

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team February 14, 2006 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Kai, Please try setting the comboBoxBarItem''s textboxvalue to the selected font text as follows, this.comboBoxBarItem1.TextBoxValue = this.fontListBox1.Text; Let me know if this works. Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano

KA Kai Abesser February 14, 2006 05:42 PM UTC

sorry ... where should i place the statement ... thanks kai

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team February 15, 2006 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Kai, You have to use the code in the fontListBox selectedIndexChanged event as follows private void fontListBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {     this.richTextBox1.SelectionFont = new Font(this.fontListBox1.Text, 14);     this.comboBoxBarItem1.TextBoxValue = this.fontListBox1.Text; } Regards, Mano Menus_ComboBoxBarItem.zip

KA Kai Abesser February 15, 2006 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Mano, thanks for your help, but your code in my program doesn´t work: i get everytime an other font than i selected. I had tried to provocate the fault in your example, but in your program it´s work ... ... no idea .... some info for my other problems ... cu kai

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team February 15, 2006 03:11 PM UTC

Hi Kai, Issue # 2 seems to be similar to the defect # 1470 where certain controls are used to get displayed some distance from the bottom when the control is anchored to all all sides. TabControlAdv with bottom alignment reduces the size of controls inside tabPageAdv. We will try to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed. For other issues # 3 and # 4, I am unable to reproduce using a sample. If possible, can you able to create a new Direct-Trac incident mentioning the forum post id in the subject line and post your application so that we can have a look at it and provide you a solution. Regards, Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon