We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

License error prevents creating new VS projects

Hello, Yesterday I created a new empty Solution in VS2005, added a new ASP website, added some Syncfucion controls...no problem. But afterward, when I tried to create a new project I got this error: Unable to copy the file ''licenses.licx'' from the project template to the project. Cannot find the file "C:\Documents and Settings\keith\Local Settings\Temp\o42r0c0f.px1\Temp\licenses.licx". When the error dialog is closed, the status bar at the bottom of VS says: Creating project ''''...project creation failed. I''ve tried creating various kinds of projects (Windows Forms, Class Library, empty solution, Analysis Services, empty C# project) to see if the faliure was universal: Windows Forms: fail Class Library: fail empty solution: success Analysis Services: success empty C# project: success Prior to creating the ASP project, I had also licenced a windows forms project "in place" from VS and compiled/ran a number of other Syncfusion-enabled apps. I can still open/modify/compile/run existing projects, but creating new ones that come with some pre-defined references are a no-go. Any suggestions?

6 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 06:53 PM UTC

Hi Keith, Is this with version 4.1.0.50? Is there a possibility that we can use Webex or get Remote Desktop access to this machine? Best regards, Daniel >Hello, > >Yesterday I created a new empty Solution in VS2005, added a new ASP website, added some Syncfucion controls...no problem. But afterward, when I tried to create a new project I got this error: > >Unable to copy the file ''licenses.licx'' from the project template to the project. Cannot find the file "C:\Documents and Settings\keith\Local Settings\Temp\o42r0c0f.px1\Temp\licenses.licx". > >When the error dialog is closed, the status bar at the bottom of VS says: > >Creating project ''''...project creation failed. > >I''ve tried creating various kinds of projects (Windows Forms, Class Library, empty solution, Analysis Services, empty C# project) to see if the faliure was universal: > >Windows Forms: fail >Class Library: fail >empty solution: success >Analysis Services: success >empty C# project: success > >Prior to creating the ASP project, I had also licenced a windows forms project "in place" from VS and compiled/ran a number of other Syncfusion-enabled apps. > >I can still open/modify/compile/run existing projects, but creating new ones that come with some pre-defined references are a no-go. > >Any suggestions?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 07:24 PM UTC

Daniel, Yes, this is with 4.1.0.50, although this machine has had all versions from 3 something on up, including betas. Regarding Webex or Remote Desktop, I''m not averse to the idea, but I''m a telecommuter and the machine in question is behind a DHCP''ing router; I''m not sure how to go about setting up the connection. Are there some diagnostics or investigations I could do for you on my end? Keith >Hi Keith, > >Is this with version 4.1.0.50? Is there a possibility that we can use Webex or get Remote Desktop access to this machine? > >Best regards, >Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 09:02 PM UTC

Keith, some things you can try: If there is a folder C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies please rename it. That way you can make sure no old assemblies are picked up. (That''s my guess that some old assembly gets picked up and the vs ide has it somewhere cached) Next step is to run AssemblyManager. Run it once and select "Remove All Versions". Then run it again and select "Install 4.1.0.50 version". After that run TroubleShooting|Reset Visual Studio Toolbox Now try your projects again. Stefan >Daniel, > >Yes, this is with 4.1.0.50, although this machine has had all versions from 3 something on up, including betas. > >Regarding Webex or Remote Desktop, I''m not averse to the idea, but I''m a telecommuter and the machine in question is behind a DHCP''ing router; I''m not sure how to go about setting up the connection. > >Are there some diagnostics or investigations I could do for you on my end? > >Keith > >>Hi Keith, >> >>Is this with version 4.1.0.50? Is there a possibility that we can use Webex or get Remote Desktop access to this machine? >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2006 10:13 PM UTC

Stephan, There wasn''t a folder to rename, so I didn''t do that. I did run the Assembly Manager and removed all versions then installed 4.1.0.50. I then reset the toolbox. No change; creating projects still fails. Any other ideas? >If there is a folder > >C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies > >please rename it. That way you can make sure no old assemblies are picked up. (That''s my guess that some old assembly gets picked up and the vs ide has it somewhere cached) > >Next step is to run AssemblyManager. Run it once and select "Remove All Versions". Then run it again and select "Install 4.1.0.50 version". > >After that run TroubleShooting|Reset Visual Studio Toolbox > >Now try your projects again. > >Stefan

AA Alan Amaya July 21, 2006 01:51 AM UTC

I am also having this problem. It seems to be trying to copy the license.licx file from a folder under Local Settings\Temp. Has there been any solution for this problem?
I am using 4.2.0.37

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team July 21, 2006 06:21 PM UTC

Hi Alan,

We believe that this is the result of Project Templates that were somehow altered when the Syncfusion License enabler was run in the folder containing these templates.

With version 4.2.0.37, this should not happen anymore. Do you have any previous versions installed?

To fix this.

1) Navigate to ${install drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\CSharp\Windows\1033\WindowsApplication.zip

CSharp can be changed to VisualBasic in the above path if you are having trouble with VB.NET projects. IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\Web\CSharp\1033 or IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\Web\VisualBasic\1033 for web projects.

2) Inside this folder rename any .bak files that you find to their original names (removing any files that exist as the original files. Please be sure to keep backup copies of these files.).

Restart VS.NET 2005 and this problem should go away.

Please do let us know if this does/does not help. Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Daniel

>I am also having this problem. It seems to be trying to copy the license.licx file from a folder under Local Settings\Temp. Has there been any solution for this problem?
I am using 4.2.0.37

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon