We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Some Contols Revert Back to Default Style

I''m having strange issues with a few projects where Syncfusion ComboBoxAdv and DateTimePicker Styles revert back to the Default Style when opening a form in VS2003 designer. A message is displayed in the Task List for each Syncfusion Control: Object type cannot be converted to target type. Not sure how to diagnose this issue. Also, for some projects I have received the following message in the Task List: Code generation for property ''WeekInterior'' failed. Error was: ''value'' Code generation for property ''DaysHeaderInterior'' failed. Error was: ''value'' Presently using version: 4.1, but had the same issue with 3.3. Thanks

Doc11.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2006 08:04 PM UTC

>A message is displayed in the Task List for each Syncfusion Control: Object type cannot be converted to target type. I had exactly the same issue with gridGroupingControl after setting the references to local copy = true (with trial version 4.1) I also lost the styles that i previous set with the designer. After turning back local copy = false all works fine again. I have no solution for that and i need local copy = true for fast evaluation of my gui-prototype on several machines without too much installing. greets, Klaus

JS John Slater February 1, 2006 10:17 PM UTC

Klaus, Thanks for your help, setting Local Copy to False does appear to fix this issue. I wish I knew why though. Cheers ... > > >>A message is displayed in the Task List for each Syncfusion Control: Object type cannot be converted to target type. > >I had exactly the same issue with gridGroupingControl after setting the references to local copy = true (with trial version 4.1) > >I also lost the styles that i previous set with the designer. > >After turning back local copy = false all works fine again. > >I have no solution for that and i need local copy = true for fast evaluation of my gui-prototype on several machines without too much installing. > >greets, Klaus > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2006 01:35 PM UTC

There is a KB article where i can read the following: > Also when copied locally, you should also explicitly link to the Syncfusion.Tools.Design.dll and Syncfusion.Shared.Design.dll assemblies found in the ..\Essential Suite\Assemblies folder. My problem is that i can not find these dll''s within the installation of the tial version of Essential Studio\4.1.0.9 Is the KB article still correct? http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=3 thx, Klaus

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2006 05:34 PM UTC

Hi Klaus, this article is not up to date. But what you would need to do to make it work with Copy Local = true is to make sure the assemblies are not in the gac and that the "References Path" in your project settings point to the folder with the dlls. The problem is otherwise the designer loads the same dll twice in different AppDomains and then you get InvalidCastException when types are convereted from the dll in one AppDomain to the dll in the other AppDomain. Sometimes VS also caches the dlls in Local Settings. Logging off and on will help with that. But easiest would be actually to set "Copy Local = false" while using the designer and then set "Copy Local = true" when compiling for distribution. Stefan >There is a KB article where i can read the following: >> Also when copied locally, you should also explicitly link to the Syncfusion.Tools.Design.dll and Syncfusion.Shared.Design.dll assemblies found in the ..\Essential Suite\Assemblies folder. > >My problem is that i can not find these dll''s within the installation of the tial version of Essential Studio\4.1.0.9 > >Is the KB article still correct? > >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=3 > >thx, Klaus

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon