We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Readonly Cells

Hi, I have a grouping control that shows a table and an embedded table. When I create the control I set for example groupingControl.TableDescriptor.Columns["TBOYEAR"].ReadOnly = true; I cannot enter any text so far, what''s good, anyway, I can enter the cell using mouse or F2 key and there using the backspace and delete key to erase the text. When I leave the cell the original text will be restored. How can I prevent that the content of the cells can be erased? We use SF Suite 3.0.1.0. Thanks, Christian

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2006 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Christian, This issue has been fixed in the latest version 4.1. Please use this work-around in version 3.0.1.0 for resolving this issue. private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellKeyDown(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlKeyEventArgs e) { GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell; if(cc.Renderer.StyleInfo.ReadOnly == true) if(e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.Delete || e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.Back) e.Inner.Handled = true; } Let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards, Madhan.

WindowsApplication120.zip

CR Christian Rattat January 31, 2006 07:45 AM UTC

Hi Madhan, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot! Christian >Hi Christian, > >This issue has been fixed in the latest version 4.1. Please use this work-around in version 3.0.1.0 for resolving this issue. > > private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellKeyDown(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlKeyEventArgs e) > { > GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell; > if(cc.Renderer.StyleInfo.ReadOnly == true) > if(e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.Delete || e.Inner.KeyCode == Keys.Back) > e.Inner.Handled = true; > } > >Let us know if you need any further assistance. > >Regards, >Madhan.

WindowsApplication120.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon