We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridListControl - Serious problem with FindString

HI, FindString function seems to not work properly with GridListControl. For example if i have names Bernard, Shaw Berlin, bose Casi, Albert and when I give "be" or "Be" as input to GridListControl.FindString, it is returning me the position of Casi, Albert. Where as i am supposed to get position of Bernard, Shaw.. Any input plz.. Rgds Rajani Kanth

2 Replies

BR Badri Rajani Kanth January 26, 2006 03:09 PM UTC

Any input plz.. ----------- >HI, > >FindString function seems to not work properly with GridListControl. For example if i have names > >Bernard, Shaw >Berlin, bose >Casi, Albert > >and when I give "be" or "Be" as input to GridListControl.FindString, it is returning me the position of Casi, Albert. Where as i am supposed to get position of Bernard, Shaw.. > >Any input plz.. > >Rgds >Rajani Kanth

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2006 03:23 AM UTC

Hi Bardi. I checked it with the GridListControl sample but it looks ok. I opened the csharp project and added these lines int n = ListBox1.FindString("R"); Console.WriteLine(ListBox1.Items[n]); at the end of the ListBoxSample3() ctor. It returns "Rhode Island" then. I also tried adding USStates.Add(new USState("Bernard, Shaw", "W0", 5)); USStates.Add(new USState("Berlin, bose", "W1", 5)); USStates.Add(new USState("Casi, Albert", "W2", 5)); and then select int n = ListBox1.FindString("be"); Console.WriteLine(ListBox1.Items[n]); Can you reproduce the problem also with that sample and should I do something different to see the problem? Are you using VB or CSharp. With VB the Items collection might be one-based, and in CSharp the collection zero-based. The index returned from FindString is zero-based. Stefan >Any input plz.. >----------- >>HI, >> >>FindString function seems to not work properly with GridListControl. For example if i have names >> >>Bernard, Shaw >>Berlin, bose >>Casi, Albert >> >>and when I give "be" or "Be" as input to GridListControl.FindString, it is returning me the position of Casi, Albert. Where as i am supposed to get position of Bernard, Shaw.. >> >>Any input plz.. >> >>Rgds >>Rajani Kanth

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon