We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Insertion point

The default seems to be to have the insertion point appear at the end of the text - how does one programmatically put it at the beginning of the text? Thanks!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2003 03:01 AM UTC

Hi Ivan, Could you please give more details on the edit behavior you want to achieve? Do you mean whenever you paste some text, caret should appear at the beginning of the pasted text? Thanks. Syncfusion Technical Support > The default seems to be to have the insertion point appear at the end of the text - how does one programmatically put it at the beginning of the text? Thanks!

IP Ivan Pelly April 24, 2003 11:58 AM UTC

I have the editcontrol on a form, and in the form_Load I set the .text property of the control to some value. When the form appears, the insertion point is at the end of the text, and the textbox is scrolled to the end - I'd like it to be at the beginning - can that work? Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 25, 2003 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Ivan, Please try the following lines of code when you set the text of the control, e.g., editControl1.Text = "Some text"; editControl1.CurrentLine = 1; editControl1.CurrentChar = 1; editControl1.ScrollToViewCaret(); Thanks for choosing Syncfusion. Syncfusion Technical Support > I have the editcontrol on a form, and in the form_Load I set the .text property of the control to some value. When the form appears, the insertion point is at the end of the text, and the textbox is scrolled to the end - I'd like it to be at the beginning - can that work? Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon