We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sort by Summary Row Totals

Hi, I''ve got a grid, with groups, and a summary row with totals. I want to make it so that when a user sorts by the column with the summary totals, the "groups" are sorted in that order. Sounds simple, anybody got any ideas? Thanks, Eric

4 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 12, 2006 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Eric, Refer sample in Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.10\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\SortBySummaryInCaption and see if that helps. That samples demonstrates how to sort groups by the value of a summary. If sorting does not work, please ungroup and group again by any column. Best regards, Stanley

ER Eric January 12, 2006 02:43 PM UTC

I''m on version 3.3 - is this sample in that version too? (Or is this even possible?) Thanks. >Hi Eric, > >Refer sample in Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.10\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\SortBySummaryInCaption and see if that helps. That samples demonstrates how to sort groups by the value of a summary. >If sorting does not work, please ungroup and group again by any column. > >Best regards, >Stanley

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 12, 2006 02:49 PM UTC

Hi Eric, Yes, please refer \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.1\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\SortBySummaryInCaption Regards, Stanley

ER Eric January 12, 2006 05:32 PM UTC

Great. I got the sort working for when groups are added. Now, how can I add listeners to the sort event on the colums with the summary totals, so they can switch which summary column is being sorted on? Thanks again for the quick responses. >Hi Eric, > >Yes, please refer \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.1\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\SortBySummaryInCaption > >Regards, >Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon