We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Preventing close of MDI Parent with TabbedMDIManager

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

39534 Jan 10,2006 06:24 PM UTC Jan 11,2006 07:58 AM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
Bob Walker
Asked On January 10, 2006 06:24 PM UTC

I am using the TabbedMDIManager (4.1.0.9) and I need to be able to conditionally prevent the MDI Parent form from being closed by the user. I have tried adding code to the MyBase.Closing event to prevent the close attempt by: e.Cancel = True Exit Sub Although this code runs, the parent mdi form still closes. Any suggestions about how to conditionally prevent the parent mdi from being closed by the user?

Mano J [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 11, 2006 07:58 AM UTC

Hi Bob, We regret for the inconvenience. This is because of known issue # 1343, which has been fixed internally and this fix will be available in our final release of v.4.1. Defect # 1343 - TabbedMDIManager makes closing event not to work properly. However, the following workaround might help you in this regard. if (MessageBox.Show("Do you want to save and close?", "Save", MessageBoxButtons.OKCancel) == DialogResult.OK) e.Cancel = false; else e.Cancel = true; Please let us know if you have any questions. Regards, Mano

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;