We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Preventing close of MDI Parent with TabbedMDIManager

I am using the TabbedMDIManager (4.1.0.9) and I need to be able to conditionally prevent the MDI Parent form from being closed by the user. I have tried adding code to the MyBase.Closing event to prevent the close attempt by: e.Cancel = True Exit Sub Although this code runs, the parent mdi form still closes. Any suggestions about how to conditionally prevent the parent mdi from being closed by the user?

1 Reply

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team January 11, 2006 07:58 AM UTC

Hi Bob, We regret for the inconvenience. This is because of known issue # 1343, which has been fixed internally and this fix will be available in our final release of v.4.1. Defect # 1343 - TabbedMDIManager makes closing event not to work properly. However, the following workaround might help you in this regard. if (MessageBox.Show("Do you want to save and close?", "Save", MessageBoxButtons.OKCancel) == DialogResult.OK) e.Cancel = false; else e.Cancel = true; Please let us know if you have any questions. Regards, Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon