We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDownGrid as standalone....

Is there a way to use your DropDownGrid as a standalone control, without it being part of a gridcontrol? I''d like to use your DropDownGrid as a combo-box on a form in my app''s gui.... Thanks.

8 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 10, 2006 02:36 PM UTC

Hi, The DropDownGrid CellType cannot be used as a standalone control. It is the GridRecordNavigationControl that holds the same parent control for easy editing and viewing. This is used only as a cell type for the Syncfusion''s grid. Regards, Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 10, 2006 02:42 PM UTC

I think I found what I need instead... A MultiColumnComboBox. Where can I find documentation on this control? How do I populate it? Can it be populated virtually? thx

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 10, 2006 03:49 PM UTC

Hi, MultiColumnComboBox has a GridListControl in the ListBox. That can be populated through the DataSource property and can not be populated virtually. To handle the grid events you will have to use multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid. Regards, Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 10, 2006 08:44 PM UTC

I was able to code on the grid QueryColWidth, QueryColCount, QueryCellInfo, and QueryRowCount events. The problem I am now facing is that I can only view 1 row of the grid at a time when I click the drop down button. What do I need to do to see more of the grid on the drop down click? Thanks. >Hi, > >MultiColumnComboBox has a GridListControl in the ListBox. That can be populated through the DataSource property and can not be populated virtually. To handle the grid events you will have to use multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid. > >Regards, >Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 10, 2006 09:26 PM UTC

Two more issues: 1- There is never a value in the textbox of the combo, even when I select a row. 2- When I do click in the one row I can see, neither the SelectedIndexChanged nor the Grid.SelectionChanged event is fired. Thanks

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 11, 2006 06:17 AM UTC

Hi, 1- The Properties DisplayMember and ValueMember are to be used. 2- The events are triggered without fail. Here is a sample. Let me know if you find any issues. Best regards, Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2006 12:04 PM UTC

Thanks. How about my issue of only 1 row showing at a time in the grid when I click the drop down? You''ll see the question if you read the thread above the one you anwsered.

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 11, 2006 12:37 PM UTC

Hi, Can you upload your sample? BTW I think 23086 is your DT incident and it has been updated. Regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon