We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SyncFusion Excel printing

HI All, Please could somebody tell me a way by which i can print the syncfusion excel document created in code without having to use the Microsoft Excel object? Regards, Remy de Almeida

9 Replies

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team January 10, 2006 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Remy, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I will investigate this issue and will update you soon. Thanks, Ramu.

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team January 13, 2006 06:30 AM UTC

Hi Remy, XlsIO is purely an abstraction over the Excel file format (BIFF 8). XlsIO does not support any rendering so it is not possible to view or print the excel file without using MS Excel. To print Excel documents you can import the excel document created into Essential Grid and then print it. Please do let us know if you need any additional information. Thanks, Ramu.

CC Carlos Campos April 25, 2006 09:34 PM UTC

Hi Ramu, I have the same problem. But then I would have to add the interlop from MS Excel and the whole idea is to totally remove this. I need to print using excel because I''m printing to a PDF printer, this way I can convert the excel to PDF. Any ideas...will this be implemented...Is their a way to use Excel and PDF (syncfusion) to create a PDF from excel same as the DOC to PDF example you guys have?

JM Jesse Marek April 26, 2006 08:46 PM UTC

Oh wow. There''s other people like me who really want to dynamically convert Excel files to PDF. I spent several days researching this issue a couple weeks ago, and the results were not good. I found that there''s nothing out there except Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice.org Calc that even try to render a .xls file as a screen image, printed page, graphic, or anything else visual. And even then, there are slight rendering differences between OpenOffice Calc and MS Excel. My guess is that rendering .xls sheets is such a technically difficult task that no one tries (unless they are building an office suite, too). The solution I ended up going for is using Adobe Acrobat to convert a template .xls page to PDF, and then I used PDF writing libraries to edit the template. It''s not a great solution, and it''s a pain to place all the text correctly, but it works for now. If anyone comes up with a better idea, I''m all ears, too.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Lucas, Sorry for the delay in getting you. Currently it is not possible to convert Excel to PDF. However it will be implemented in beta version 4.2. The conversion of Excel to PDF would take place in the following stages. 1) XlsIO reads the spreadsheet and serializes to an XML format. workbook.SaveAsXml( "Sample.xml", ExcelXmlSaveType.DLS ); 2) It will be read by Essential PDF which produces the PDF file. pdflDoc.OpenXml("Sample.xml"); Please let me know if you have any questions Thanks, Bharath

NS NSMustache May 16, 2006 09:25 AM UTC

BharathRam, Thanks, that''s great news! Is there a newsletter I can subscribe to in order to be informed as soon as the newest version is out? Keep up the good work, Florian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2006 04:02 PM UTC

Hi Florian, Unfortunately the Excel to PDF functionality could not be completed in time for the 4.2 release but it would be made available in a service pack release in about 2-3 weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience. Best regards, Stephen. >BharathRam, > >Thanks, that''s great news! >Is there a newsletter I can subscribe to in order to be informed as soon as the newest version is out? > >Keep up the good work, >Florian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 5, 2006 07:28 PM UTC

I second the newsletter with new features. I''d subscribe to that in a heartbeat. I am very interested in converting my Syncfusion-create XLSIO workbooks directly to PDF. I currently have to automate Excel to do this portion of my reporting. Please post here when the service pack as been released or definately think about a newsletter to subscribers.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2006 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Shannon, Sure,I will you send you an update as soon as the service pack is available for this fix. Thanks, Bharath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon