We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Licenses problem for Upgrading to VS 2005

I have Syncfusion 3.X.X.X installed on my computer, and upgraded to 3.3. I have a C# 2003 program. On one of the form, I put a Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabControlAdv control, then removed. I upgraded the program to VS 2005. I got an error message: "Unable to resolve type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabCountrolAdv, Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89''. I remove Syncfusion from the references and toolbar. I search the word "Syncfusion" and cannot find it anywhare in the VS 2003 program. I open the program in VS 2005 and still have the error message. I deleted the file licenses.licx in the project folder and recompile the project, I still have the problem. What can I do to clear the hidden reference to the old version of Syncfusion so that I can upgrade my program to VS 2005? Thank you very much for your help. Jerry

1 Reply

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 09:14 PM UTC

Hi Jerry, To fix the licensing issue, please clear out all Syncfusion related licx entries and add the following entry. Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core Also, if you plan to work with Visual Studio.NET 2005, we strongly recommend that you work with version 4.1 (we will be posting beta 3 in a few minutes). Version 4.1 is fully compatible and tested with Visual Studio.NET 2005. Thank you for using Syncfusion products. Best regards, Daniel >I have Syncfusion 3.X.X.X installed on my computer, and upgraded to 3.3. > >I have a C# 2003 program. On one of the form, I put a Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabControlAdv control, then removed. > >I upgraded the program to VS 2005. I got an error message: "Unable to resolve type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabCountrolAdv, Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89''. > >I remove Syncfusion from the references and toolbar. I search the word "Syncfusion" and cannot find it anywhare in the VS 2003 program. I open the program in VS 2005 and still have the error message. > >I deleted the file licenses.licx in the project folder and recompile the project, I still have the problem. > >What can I do to clear the hidden reference to the old version of Syncfusion so that I can upgrade my program to VS 2005? > >Thank you very much for your help. > >Jerry

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon