We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LoadBinary Performance

Hi, the last days I have spended a lot of time to upgrade the load time of a diagram. Therefore I reduced e.g. the diagram file size (and overhead) by replacing the Symbols with simple Shapes. The final status is that I need around 2 seconds with LoadBinary() when there are 2000 Shapes within the diagram (file size around 700 KByte, tested with 1,5 GByte, 3 GHz). In my opinion two seconds is a adequate time but the specifications are a bit higher. Do you see a chance to reduce the load time under 1 sec for example by offering a special serialization interface or in generell is it possible and sensible to join in the serialization (Diagram.View, Diagram.Model, Shapes...), etc? This is more than ever important when I increase the Shape count up to 5000. thanks in advance, Uli

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 27, 2005 10:11 PM UTC

Hello Ulrich, If you are using an older version of Essential Diagram please see if you can upgrade to the new 4.1.0.10 beta. We have introduced several performance optimizations for this release that help reduce the loading, hit testing and redrawing time taken up by the diagram control. Printer initialization was consuming a significant amount of time in the older version, and merely upgrading to the 4.1 release will help you avoid the substantial time penalty that this was causing. Besides this I really cannot think of any other option off the top of my head that would offer you a worthwhile performance gain. If you can identify a particular bottleneck we will do our best to help you work around it. Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon