We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grids and Vertical Edit Textboxes

I am hoping that someone might have or direct me to some sample VB code that has a grid and vertical field on the same form. For example, I want the user to be able to view, scroll and edit in the data bound (?) grid. Below the grid a vertical column of textboxes that one can edit in a “more friendly” format. I am able to achieve part of my goal. I found that if I set both the grid and textboxes to a common data source, say datasource.table, the textboxes did not change as the grid row changed. If I set the grid source then set the data source of the textboxes to grid.datasource, the grid and textboxes were synched and I can edit in either location. My problem is when it comes to adding a new record. If I attempt to append a record to the bottom of the grid, the fields retain the data from the bottom row and are not emptied. How can I overcome this? If that is not simple, how can I add a record from a button that blanks out the vertical fields and updates he grid. Thanks! Tom

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Tom, Here is a sample which allows you to add a new record by button click. Regards, Calvin.

VB0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon