We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

how to enable Tab key and selection->replace

well, how to enable the Tab key, I mean, when I press Tab, the selected content or current line will indent, but it did not. I check all the samples, none will do that, and I go through all properties of the edit control, and could not found. btw. it is strange to the following behavior: select a certain text, press a key(some letter), the selected text is NOT replaced with that key. I think it should be replaced.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 21, 2005 04:50 PM UTC

Hi Unruledboy, In v3.3 (and earlier releases), the EditControl did not treat the Tab key as a text input by default. So you would have to set the following properties to force the EditControl to process the Tab key : this.editControl1.UseTabs=true; this.editControl1.TransferFocusOnTab=false; We have changed this behavior in v4.1, and now the EditControl treats the Tab key as text input by default. Also, I dont see any issues with the selected text being replaced with the character input in our latest release - v4.1.0.9 (v4.1 Beta2). You could download the evaluation version for the same from this link below : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/evaluation.aspx?Version=4.1.0.9 If you already own a copy of Essential Edit, please create a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download information for the full product version of v4.1.0.9. We appreciate your interest in Essential Edit. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

UB ubx December 22, 2005 03:39 AM UTC

Hi, I am using 3.3.0, it just behaves like that. if I do not upgrade to 4.x, how can I achieve that?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 09:53 PM UTC

Hi Unruledboy, The tab key processing issue in v3.3 can be taken care of by setting the UseTabs and TransferFocusOnTab properties as mentioned in my earlier update. But I am afraid, there is no workaround for the selection replacing issue in v3.3. Kindly upgrade to v4.1.0.9 from the above link which contains the fixes for the same. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon