We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Possible regression in 3.3, GridGroupingControl column header text not working as expected

I''m in the process of upgrading from 2.9.x to 3.3 and encountered the following problem that I don''t think is the intended behavior. My orignal code set up a column like: gridColumnDescriptor.MappingName = "AssigneeFriendlyName"; gridColumnDescriptor.Name = "Assignee"; With the effect of giving the column a header "Assignee". However, after I upgraded the column name was displayed as "AssigneeFriendlyName" - the MappingName. I tried to correct this by setting the HeaderText property to "Assignee" but that did not help. gridColumnDescriptor.HeaderText = "Assignee"; As a lark I tried setting it to "TEST and surprise, surprise, it worked. The column was titled "TEST". With a little more playing around found the following: .Name never appears to be used as the title and to get a .HeaderText to display it must be contain a different value than .Name

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2005 01:11 AM UTC

This is a defect. We have logged it in: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1241

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon